Saturday, March 31, 2007

I always wondered how someone could manage to do that...

How is everyone's weekend? Shane and I were happy to finally have a quiet and normal weekend...the past 5 weekends we have been gone or had something going on! So I decided to finish up Zoe's quilt I told Britni I would make for her to match her new pink and brown bedroom! After I finished it, I decided to start on a new sewing project...
well, I had always wondered how someone could sew their finger when I have heard the horror stories of putting a needle thru your finger. It looks impossible, considering their is such a small gap between the needle and the feed foot, there is no way a finger could fit in there! well, I still do NOT see how someone can do it, but I do know now that it is possible!!! As I was sewing, somehow I managed to get my left hand ring finger under the needle as it was moving, I screamed bloody murder when it went in and tried to pull my hand away, but the needle was still in my finger, so all I could think of was to press down hard on the pedal, close my eyes and pull my finger out! and to make matters all the worse, I was doing a zig zag stitch, so the needle was going left to right! Thankfully, I was sewing in the second bedroom, where we have the hardwood floors exposed and plan to carpet because there was one large pool of blood!
I still don't know how I did it, especially the left hand ring finger, I don't even use that finger to guide the material! I was so glad shane was home at the time!
Quote for the day...the impossible is possible, don't lose a finger trying to find out!

No comments: