Bree is now almost 4 weeks old! I can't believe how fast time is going and how much Bree is changing! She isn't nearly as chubby in the checks as she was when she was born and looks more 'petite' like her sister. Her eyes are getting so big and beautiful! And her eyelashes are really getting long! She is such a fun baby and so sweet! She really only fusses when she wants to eat or needs to burp. She does have a fussy time in the evening, right before she goes down for her longest period of sleep, but I would much rather have her fussy at that time, then during the day while Emma is up.
So far adjusting to lack of sleep hasn't been as hard as it was with Emma, since I already run on low sleep! Plus, now that I have had a chance for my body to start to recuperate from giving birth, and don't have the physical toll of carrying around a huge belly and the swelling is gone, I feel pretty good and have more energy!
Emma is adjusting well and really enjoys having a little sister! At first she was pretty rough with her and very grabby, but she has become more gentle and loves to shower Bree with kisses. She talks about Bree a lot, and is a huge help in bringing mommy a burp cloth or something while I am nursing.
Here are some pictures of Bree's first 2 weeks of life!
So far adjusting to lack of sleep hasn't been as hard as it was with Emma, since I already run on low sleep! Plus, now that I have had a chance for my body to start to recuperate from giving birth, and don't have the physical toll of carrying around a huge belly and the swelling is gone, I feel pretty good and have more energy!
Emma is adjusting well and really enjoys having a little sister! At first she was pretty rough with her and very grabby, but she has become more gentle and loves to shower Bree with kisses. She talks about Bree a lot, and is a huge help in bringing mommy a burp cloth or something while I am nursing.
Here are some pictures of Bree's first 2 weeks of life!

Our friend, Ann, holding Bree. She is the one who sat with Emma during the night so my mom could come to the hospital for Bree's birth



Balloon and flowers we received from my Grandma Cena, Grandpa Bud, and Aunt T, Aunt Becky and Aunt Sara and their families
Emma and Bree in their matching "big sister" and "little sister" shirts...the first of many matching outfits!
Me and Bree on my 27th birthday (12/14/10)We celebrated by going out to eat at Las Lomas for supper!








Me, Emma and Bree with my parents on the day they headed back to Nebraska (12/17/10)We were so fortunate to have my mom here for 3 weeks and being able to share the special time of welcoming Bree into our family with her. She was a ton of help with Emma and cooking...we so appreciated her! Its hard to swallow the fact that we probably won't get to see her until April. On her last day here, Shane took the day off and we all headed to the Coralville mall for lunch and to do a little shopping. After a couple of hours, we said our 'goodbyes for now' and my mom and dad headed on down the road, while Shane, the girls and I finished up some Christmas shopping. It was really strange and tough to walk back into the house and not have my mom here. We know that God will bless us with time together again...He is always faithful about that!
Next posts to come are of Bree's newborn photo shoot and Christmas...so check back!


















1 comment:
What a great post!! Bree is so beautiful and seems so alert!! I really am beginning to see some resemblance to Emma too! You guys are so blessed with such a sweet sweet family! It was so good to catch up today! Love you all!
Post a Comment