Monday, April 11, 2011

A Castle Fit for Our Princesses!

A few Saturdays ago, Shane was browsing craigslist and came upon someone selling an outdoor princess castle and asked what I thought about buying it for the girls. I said it would be nice to have (we were wanting something to have outside for Emma to play in while we worked in the garden, etc.) and a castle would be perfect! But I told him it was up to him if he wanted to buy it. He emailed the lady and set up a time to look at it the next day.
So on Sunday, Shane headed to Iowa City after church and brought home the castle! It looks brand new! Its 2 years old and has been kept inside in a finished basement since it was new. And now it sits in my dining room!!!

To give you an idea on how tall it is, I can stand up straight where the turret is.

We set it up while Emma was napping and she was super excited when she came downstairs!



She has enjoyed breakfast in her castle several mornings!


Last Thursday, we invited Emma's friend, Lily, over who loves princesses just as must as she does! Lily's mom and little brother came too! The girls ran and screamed in and out of the castle and played like they were princesses! It was quite fun to see!
The castle will be moved outside in a couple of weeks once it gets warm enough! Oh, how I would have loved to had something like this when I was a little girl!

No comments: