On May 5th Shane turned 30!!! I had been planning a big surprise for him for the last 4+ months and was able to keep it a secret until 5:55am on his birthday...it was hard!!! (more on that soon)
On the morning of Shane's birthday I woke up at around 5am because I just couldn't sleep any longer because of the excitement and finally by 5:55am I couldn't wait any longer. I shook Shane in bed and asked him if he wanted to open his present, his response was "its my birthday, shouldn't I get to sleep in?" I excitedly said no and gave him his card. Inside it he found reservations I printed off for us to go skydiving...that day! He was super excited and practical jumped out of bed. I arranged for our friend Teresa to watch the girls over night, while Shane and I headed to Ottawa, IL to go skydiving and stay the night at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort and Waterpark
Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate, so we were unable to jump that day. But we got our class out of the way and still had an amazing weekend! (we will be going back to jump in June)
![]() |
| Shane opening his birthday cards |
| Balloons Shane received from work |
![]() |
| Our family! |
| Shane checking out the river at Skydive Chicago while we wait to see if the weather clears |
The weather never cleared so we came up with a plan B! We decided to hike Starved Rock and had a great time! Plus the cloudy weather was perfect for hiking!
Later in the afternoon, we played at the waterpark before we headed to supper. It was a change from having the kids with us, I thought it would be a little weird, but it was a ton of fun!
| For dinner we ate at a little restaurant in the town of Utica. We shared a delicious steak! |
We spent a relaxing evening together! The next morning we checked the skies, but it was cloudy and the forecast didn't look promising to be able to skydive. We even called the place and they said that so far they were on standby, so the wait would be long to jump if at all. So we decided to play at the waterpark before we headed for home.
Shane said it was the best birthday ever, and I agreed with him, and it wasn't even my birthday! I guess I achieved what I was going for! We decided we definitely need more getaways just the two of us! What a blessing it was!
Happy 30th Birthday Honey! I pray I show you every day how much I love you, respect you, appreciate you, and just enjoy being with you!!! I thank God for you!


No comments:
Post a Comment