Friday, June 07, 2013

Wow!

Oh wow, its been a long, long, long time! I really need to catch up on here, and it is on my to-do list, but I have been busy! 
The girls are doing great and growing sooo much! What joys they are! They both are at great ages and enjoy playing with each other. Here is a quick run down on each of them!
Emma - I can't believe how tall she is, and so beautiful with her long dark hair and eyes, and passionate spirit! She enjoys riding her bike, playing polly pockets and barbies, movies, playing at the park and helping me in the kitchen and still enjoys cuddles (well actually demands them)! She is constantly talking or singing, and always wants to dance. She is curious about EVERYTHING and is always asking questions. She just finished her first week at Vacation Bible School and LOVED every minute of it! She has become a bit more challenging in that she is testing her boundaries, and is definitely a strong-willed child and doesn't like to be told what to do! We are both learning from the experience!
Bree - what a breath of fresh air this kid is, such a joy to have around! She loves barbies, polly pockets, babies and anything pretend. She too loves to sing and dance! The other day she went in her room and put on one of her sister's new summer dresses and came out and asked me to dance, I said of course! After twirling a few times, I asked her if I could 'dip' her, and she looked at me all serious and replied 'No Mom! I am NOT a carrot!' HA! She also crawled into our bed last weekend and snuggled between us and turned to her dad and whispered 'Guess what Dad?', and he asked 'What', and Bree replies 'Chicken butt'! Her first words to us of the day! This kids loves to make people laugh, smile and feel good! 
We took the crib gate off several weeks ago (when she finally started to crawl out of her crib) and attached the toddler rail to it. She has done awesome at staying in her bed, and often times if she does get up in the middle of the night, she just lays down beside our bed and covers up with her blanket and goes back to sleep! She has been going #2 in the toilet since last August, and has been doing really good about going potty too lately, but we aren't quite there to being fully potty trained...in all honesty, I haven't even pushed it...what she has accomplished she has pretty much mastered on her own!

 Have I not mentioned yet that we are building a house!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, and we are planning to close mid-July. If you want to follow along on that journey, you can check it out here.

God is good. Its almost been a year since we moved and I really don't feel settled yet, but am looking forward to moving to our new house and turning it into our home, meeting neighbors and getting past this 'transition' period. 

I will leave you with a few pictures from this year.








No comments: