Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Brief Update and Pics

Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone's week is going well! Shane and I are doing good. He is staying busy with work and of course he is loving football season. I tried to get him to commit to taking me out on a date this weekend (I just want dinner and a movie), he first said "No", and then I reminded him that his Huskers and Chiefs would not be on TV this weekend. So then I got a maybe out of him. Of course he will still have to listen to the games. So I am gonna take that maybe as a yes, and plan on it anyway! Each year I am with Shane, he insists on watching more and more football, which I think he has always done, just not with me around. Apparently he is breaking me in to having to watch football all weekend long. I guess thats okay, since I broke him of the one rule he gave me when we got a dog: "the dog does not sleep in the bed", needless to say, Bella sleeps with us now! :) It was a rather long, gradual process to get it done though...it took a year! (please take note that i actually spelled 'took' correctly, as opposed to 'toke', it is my most commonly misspelled word, not b/c i didn't know how to spell it, but just a very bad habit. my mother finally called me on it, and i decided i would try to break the habit, so this is for you mom...took, took, took, took...).
anyway...last Thursday I had severe pain and swelling in my left cheek while I was eating lunch. After 2 trips to the doctor and a CT Scan, we discovered I had a stone in my parotid gland. (I figured that out on my own, thanks to google). Anyway, I was set up to see a specialist on Thursday to get it taken out, when by the grace of God and all of your prayers, I was able to push it out this morning! I looked up pics on the net to see where the duct traveled and began rubbing in that direction yesterday where I had a sharp pain. Last night I looked in my mouth and could see a white dot in there and tried pushing it out with no luck. But after a miserable nite of tossing and turning and not be able to sleep b/c of the pain, I woke up to that white dot closer to my duct opening, so I pushed for a while, and after some sharp pain, out popped a white, jagged rock! and a bunch of other crap (I will spare you the details)! Talk about relief! My doctor still wants me to see the specialist tomorrow just to make sure everything looks okay.

Below are some pics from Shane and I's Sunday walk at the bike path. God blessed us with a beautiful weekend, and I actually was able to get my husband away from football to go for a walk with Bella.Bella and me ( I am using Bella to hide my fat, swollen left cheek)

Bella watching the ducks, there were about 15. She got bored pretty fast with them.

I guess Shane and I were easily entertained! It was quite humorous watching the ducks dive for food. (so is this what my dad is referring to when he always tells me that my short hairstyles look like a 'duck's butt')

No comments: