Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Need your Emma fix?

Things are going good at the Struckman house...hard to believe summer is almost over and the weather is finally feeling like summer (so much for global warming, ha!).
Emma is growing leaps and bounds...I keep forgetting to update on all the new things she does! She is walking along furniture and now standing on her own! It won't be long until she is walking! She now has decided to also do the normal crawl...on her hands and knees. She has 6 teeth, and working on some more. She knows where her nose and cheeks are and we are working on our ears nows! She is starting to grasp colors. She has discovered the stairs and I don't darn go up them anymore, even to just take laundry up, without her because she follows quickly behind (I need to get a gate bought!) She also points to the cupboard with her food when she is hungry. She is so funny and entertaining and just pure joy! I feel so blessed to watch every moment of it all day!
Here are some fun pictures from the last week:

It's become hard to take a shower with Emma...she won't leave the curtain closed. The other day I had my eyes closed while rinsing shampoo out of my hair and when I opened them, to my surprise, half of my whites where at my feet. I had them sitting on the floor to go into the washer after I got out of the shower, but Emma thought she would just wash them by hand in the shower. She had a blast putting them in the tub, then taking them back out!



Caught by surprise! Notice her hair is now long enough to do cute, messy buns!



Emma and daddy!
She just adores her daddy...and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual!
Emma cries everytime he puts her down or leaves!

"Upside Down Emma" as her daddy calls her!


Goofy grin!





Trying to get Bella!

That goofy grin again!

Posing for the camera



Let's dance!



Emma was infatuated with the corn this weekend that we froze. A friend of ours neighbor said we could come get some sweet corn. He even picked it! Emma helped us while we spent Saturday afternoon freezing 110 ears of corn, which came out to 29 pint sized bags! I think we have plenty of corn to last thru the year!



More Emma poses...



Yesterday, Emma discovered how to open the drawer where I keep some sewing stuff and material. She took out my minky fabrics 3+ times yesterday!

We don't have a whole lot planned this week. I went thru Emma's closet yesterday, and then started on my own, but its gonna be a 2 day+ project! I am getting rid of lots of stuff! I have already got rid of some stuff on freecycle and have more to put on when I am done!
I also still have a few things to do for Emma's b-day party, like get the cake ordered. I ordered invitations, and they should be coming in the mail...I hope they turned out ok!

Emma and I just got back from the pool, it was the last morning for infant/toddler swim. Emma had a blast and loves water! She wouldn't sit down for one minute, just wanted to walk all over the pool!
We have Heather and Jon Hughes coming tomorrow afternoon and staying with us for the night! They are passing thru on their way to moving to Lincoln!
Well, thats all I can think of for now!

No comments: