We had a good weekend...even though I am sure Shane feels like he didn't a 4 day weekend the way I made him work!
Shane took Friday off, and we spent our time (mostly him) in the basement finishing up waterproofing it and setting up storage shelves. I was able to get in anywhere from 2 to 4 hours each day during Emma's nap time to help him. We didn't quite get it all done, because we ran out and needed 2 more bags, which Emma and I ran and got Monday from Home Depot, while Shane started cleaning and setting up shelves.
Just because I wasn't in the basement the entire weekend, I did do my share of work cooking up a storm (and taking care of a 1 year old of course!). I froze 11 family meals, and 9 single meals. Here is what I cooked in the last few days between stuff to freeze and stuff to eat now, I don't think I ever cooked so much in my life in just a few days!
3 batches of Unstuffed Pepper Soup, 2 batches of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, 2 batches of Chili, Runzas, Carmel Roll, Macaroni Salad, Cupcakes, Roast w/ Picante and Peppers, BLT's, and grilled brats, hot dogs and a steak! (I'm sure I am forgetting something!) Our freezer is full now! The only thing I didn't get made and froze was breakfast burritos, but i will get to that this week.
My breastfeeding ticker is right...Emma and I made it to a year for breastfeeding!!! I really didn't think it was possible when I first started out!
So we are starting to wean now. The last few days I haven't been nursing Emma in the mornings (we had just been nursing twice a day for a while now). And I have started to give her milk, which she seems to be taking fine. So in a couple of weeks we will stop her night feedings as well, and turn another chapter of Emma going from baby to little girl!
Emma is learning new things every day. Lately, I have taught her that her dirty diaper is trash, so now after each changing she says 'trash' and insists on taking it to the trash can right away!
Most exciting new thing is Emma is walking! She is now taking several steps on her own and looks so darn cute doing it!
I finished another diaper bag order today, so I will be posting pics of that in a few days on my kt-designs blog, so check it out!
Well, that catches you up for now until I think of something I forgot! Below are some pictures from this weekend!
Shane took Friday off, and we spent our time (mostly him) in the basement finishing up waterproofing it and setting up storage shelves. I was able to get in anywhere from 2 to 4 hours each day during Emma's nap time to help him. We didn't quite get it all done, because we ran out and needed 2 more bags, which Emma and I ran and got Monday from Home Depot, while Shane started cleaning and setting up shelves.
Just because I wasn't in the basement the entire weekend, I did do my share of work cooking up a storm (and taking care of a 1 year old of course!). I froze 11 family meals, and 9 single meals. Here is what I cooked in the last few days between stuff to freeze and stuff to eat now, I don't think I ever cooked so much in my life in just a few days!
3 batches of Unstuffed Pepper Soup, 2 batches of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, 2 batches of Chili, Runzas, Carmel Roll, Macaroni Salad, Cupcakes, Roast w/ Picante and Peppers, BLT's, and grilled brats, hot dogs and a steak! (I'm sure I am forgetting something!) Our freezer is full now! The only thing I didn't get made and froze was breakfast burritos, but i will get to that this week.
My breastfeeding ticker is right...Emma and I made it to a year for breastfeeding!!! I really didn't think it was possible when I first started out!
So we are starting to wean now. The last few days I haven't been nursing Emma in the mornings (we had just been nursing twice a day for a while now). And I have started to give her milk, which she seems to be taking fine. So in a couple of weeks we will stop her night feedings as well, and turn another chapter of Emma going from baby to little girl!
Emma is learning new things every day. Lately, I have taught her that her dirty diaper is trash, so now after each changing she says 'trash' and insists on taking it to the trash can right away!
Most exciting new thing is Emma is walking! She is now taking several steps on her own and looks so darn cute doing it!
I finished another diaper bag order today, so I will be posting pics of that in a few days on my kt-designs blog, so check it out!
Well, that catches you up for now until I think of something I forgot! Below are some pictures from this weekend!
1 comment:
wow, what a productive family! I want to know what you freeze your soups in...zip-lock bags?
Post a Comment