Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter to Everyone!
Hope you all had a wonderful day.
“God put on him the wrong who never did anything wrong, so we could be put right with God” (2 Cor. 5:21 MSG).
Wow, how amazing is God's grace and mercy towards us sinners!
Today we attended the 10:30am service (and yes! we made it church on time...we really didn't have an excuse) and then were invited to the Chavarria's to take part in Easter dinner with their family! We spent the rest of the day relaxing and napping. My wake up call was WAY to early this morning...Emma decided to get up at 5:40 am, so I definitely needed a nap!

We really enjoyed our whole weekend...can't believe its already Sunday night. Shane had Friday off, so I had him go with me to the chiropractor, which I had been putting off since its in Oxford, which is an hour drive, and didn't feel like doing that with Emma and nursing. On our way home, I talked Shane into stopping at the mall and Hobby Lobby. We were super excited to see that Quiznos left the mall and in its place is a Charley's Subs...which we really like, so thats where we had lunch! (i don't know when they did that...but i haven't been to the mall in 7 months)
We hit a few stores, and found Emma a few summer outfits and a pair of cute pjs...mostly from Target. I will try to get pics of them later.
Saturday, Shane went to Top Gun, and I had breakfast burittos waiting for him when he got home. Then Shane turned dirt over in the garden and got it all rototilled. So we will just have to rototill right before we plant and put fences up. We also rented 'Tale of Despereaux'.

Emma has been tons of fun lately! She is so goofy and entertaining! She has been a little fussy the last few days and today we saw her other front, bottom tooth breaking thru the gum. She is so alert to everything around her and loves to talk up a storm! She is also sitting up really well now.
Here are a bunch of pictures of her in her Easter Sunday dress. It was a gift from Aunt B from Christmas, we have been saving it for today! I couldn't pick out just a few pics to post! She was feeling good when I was taking the pictures and the sequence of the photos will show you her goofy personality!


Daddy was making her laugh for me


This is the face we see often, if pictures had sound, you would hear 'aaaaahhhhh'...
she loves to scream for fun!


And if she isn't screaming with her mouth wide open, she has her bottom lip tucked in!






Emma is looking at Bella now, who is sitting on the couch, whinning for her cookie b/c she knows we are about to leave the house for church...and anytime we leave, she gets a cookie.


The rest of the pictures were taken after we got home. I wanted some without her sweater on.










I love this pic, she is SO cute!



Funny facial expression I know, but if you look closely, you can see her tooth!

Kicking daddy in the face


Well, that was our weekend. Friday morning we are heading to Lincoln. My mom is meeting us there. My old college roommate, Clara, is getting married on Saturday, so my mom and I will drive over to Tobias to go to her wedding, while Shane will attend the Husker Spring Game. I thought he deserved that treat!
On Sunday, my mom will be taking Emma, Bella and I home with her for a week. It will be our first time apart from Shane since Emma was born, so prayers for that time would be appreciated. I know it isn't a big thing for some couples, but we don't like to be apart, and I know Shane will greatly miss Emma. But living so far away from family, this is the only way for our Nebraska family to get some quality time with Emma and see her grow up. I will be back on Monday, April 27th, so we will also miss being together on our 10th Anniversary since we started dating, which is the 24th.
I hope you all have a blessed Easter!

No comments: