I am now done with the diaper bag, burp rags and minky blanket for my soon to be newest niece! And I even have 6 weeks to spare until she arrives! Emma cooperated very well and let her mommy get a lot done! Now my sewing machine is a different story!!!
I got everything done, and was down to sewing the 2 pieces of minky fabric together, and when I would back stitch then forward stitch again my machine started to jump stitches...I have no idea why! It just started doing it out of the blue...so I rethreaded the bobbin and the top thread a few times, changed the bobbin all together, changed the needle, and gave everything a thorough cleaning...and it still kept doing it! So, I broke out my old sewing machine. But let me tell you there is a HUGE difference between a $200 machine and a $1500 machine and I completely forget just how much until I started sewing on my old machine (which I haven't touched since I was blessed with my new one a few years ago).
I think its the IDT on my newer machine I missed (and needed the most) when working with minky fabric and binding the blanket! (the IDT technology allows the fabric to be fed both from the top and the bottom)
I also had to manually thread the needle on my old machine!!! (I got pretty spoiled with my new machine's self-threader!) I was thankful though that I had a backup so that I could finish the project. I have clocked hours upon hours on my old machine since college (including 6 bridemaids dresses for my wedding!), and its just as trusty as ever (but not quite as sophiscated as my new one).
As for my new machine, there is not a Pfaff dealer around here anymore, so I will be taking it with me when I go to Nebraska to the store it came from to have it worked on (I had already planned taking it anyway for a good cleaning and maintenance check)
Anyway...these pictures are for Missy, just a little sneak peak at her gift!
2 comments:
KATIE!! I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see it in person! I'm trying to figure out what should look familiar... the jeans? If it isn't the jeans then I have no idea. Give me a hint!
Really, thank you so much for making me another bag. You are so talented and it is such an honor to carry one of them around!
Yes...the jeans...they are a pair of yours!!! Mom took them out of a goodwill pile of yours and brought them to me! ;) Do you recognize them? Maybe not because where all the dark blue is, is where there used to be gobs of brown thread! But after Shane and I both clocked 5+ hours between the both of us ripping out thread...I have to say they look pretty sweet!
And the honor is all mine...I am so glad that you are willing to carry something I created!
Post a Comment