Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lincoln Trip for Tanner's Graduation

May 8th weekend we headed to Lincoln for Shane's little brother, Tanner's graduation from UNL! Way to go Tanner!
I wasn't feeling the best, but by the grace of God, He blessed me with enough energy to go! I really wanted to for Shane's sake, work has been crazy and I knew he could use a break and some family time. We stayed with friends, Jon and Heather Hughes again (thanks guys!) Saturday we got up and around and headed over to Target to pick out some stuff to organize Emma's toys, then headed to Shane's grandma's place. That is where we celebrated Tanner's graduation with some lunch and cake. We then spent the afternoon moving Shane's grandma into a different apartment in her retirement place.
We then spent the evening with Shane's family at his parents hotel and attempted to go swimming but found poop in the pool (my father-in-law would probably say something if I didn't mention the poop in the pool!) A couple hours later, the poop was cleaned up and lots of chemicals added to the pool and so the kids could swim (I did no swimming).

Tanner the grad!


Shane's family: Front - Lindsey, Janice, Sharon. Back - Tom, Tanner and Shane

The whole Struckman clan: Front - Phyllis, Krista (well, she isnt family just yet, she is Tanner's girlfriend, and we have no doubt she will be an official Struckman sometime in the future), Lindsey, Sharon, Janice, Emma, Me. Back - Tom, Tanner, Parker, Jared, Madysen, Stacey and Shane.

Cousins playing!

Emma ready to go swimming!

Since it was late when we got in on Friday and Saturday, we didn't get to spend much time with Heather and Jon except a few hours on Saturday. We usually take a few pictures before we say goodbye, but we didn't get to say goodbye Sunday morning, because Heather woke me up after midnight with some severe pain (she was 35 weeks pregnant) and needed to go into labor and delivery. She had to stay until late Sunday afternoon. Everything was ok, they stopped her labor and then treated her pain. Thankfully, she is feeling much better for now.
So Sunday morning, we got up and around and went and had breakfast with Shane's parents, then headed for home. I didn't throw up at all during the trip, but as soon as we got home was a different story.
We did enjoy our weekend though with Shane's family and were happy to be able to celebrate with Tanner!

1 comment:

Hughes' said...

I'm so glad you were there!! I didn't know about the poop!! Crazy! Ha! Emma looks so adorable!