Wednesday, August 04, 2010

22+ Week OB Check-up

We had our monthly OB appointment today. We met with the nurse mid-wife at my doctor's practice, because my doctor is on vacation and we have yet to meet the mid-wife. They like you to meet everyone in the practice, since there is a chance they could do the delivery. She was nice and answered all our questions. Emma came with us, and had to give her just about everything out of the diaper bag!
I am 22 weeks 3 days along, and when she measured me, I am measuring right on!.
Weight: 120 (up 1 pound!)
Baby's Heartbeat: 150's
She said I was perfect and baby sounded great. She said the low weight gain is nothing to be concerned about, but that I should eat more (easier said than done, when I am just not that hungry).
She also pulled up our ultrasound report and said everything looked great with the baby and placement of the placenta...Praise God!
I have been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions and severe low back pain. I spent all day Monday on the couch drinking water with contractions, which I am certain were brought on by the weekend...I was in the heat too much and didn't drink enough water! Fatigue, dehydration and heat are the main cause of braxton hicks.
Well, thats all the baby related news for now!

No comments: