Sunday, August 15, 2010

Doo-rags and a Blue Tongue...

Just a quick post to update you on what has been going on with us and to post a few pictures.

Emma and I haven't gone out much due to the extreme heat. The heat index here has been in the 100's and I just do not do well in the heat with this pregnancy. So Emma stays entertained doing puzzles, drawing, playing with her toys and wanting to 'help' mommy with whatever I am doing. She is so much fun, talks all the time and is all girl! I think she for sure knows there is a baby in my tummy and has felt him/her kick. The other night she wanted to kiss my tummy, it was pretty cute cuz I have never said anything to her about kissing my tummy. Since then she likes to pat and kiss my tummy and talk about the baby. She tells me its a girl/sister.

Shane is busy at work...I realize I say that every time I blog, but its the truth! This weekend he sanded our clothesline poles because they were getting pretty rusty, then repainted them white. He also bought new cording for the lines and just has that left to put up. It looks great! Honestly, we don't really use our clothesline (like twice since we lived here), but our neighbors do.

I have been sewing. I always seem to have orders to work on. Am hoping to eventually get to some sewing that I have been wanting to do...dolls for Emma, a skirt for Emma and of course, 2 diaper bags for me! I still need to go thru our pictures from our family photo shoot and select what I want to print off and get them on the wall!

Still no minivan, and after doing further research, turns out what I really want (Nimbus Gray exterior w/ Gray interior) doesn't exist! Honda just did the Olive interior in the Nimbus Gray. We went and looked at one last week, but they wanted too much and I know we can get a better deal...so the hunt continues! We are not in a hurry to buy and don't plan to make any trips after the baby comes until March, so wouldn't have to have one til then. Actually, we really don't 'have' to have one at all, space would be tight with 2 carseats in the Camry, but I feel very blessed to have 2 great, paid for cars. The minivan is more of a want and a convenience.

Well moving on to pictures. I haven't take a whole lot these past few weeks, but here are some cute shots of Emma in some doo-rags...she found my stash of them in the hall closet and likes to wear them.

Emma showing off her blue tongue from eating a blueberry sucker, she thought it was pretty cool!



Gosh, this kid is just beautiful...I can't get over what a joy and blessing she is to our lives!

Pregnancy update: I am 24 weeks today, but forgot to get a picture. I will try and remember to take one this week. I am feeling ok, still tired most of the time. I have had really bad back pain and pelvic pressure, and I am now getting an appetite...I am hungry all the time! The baby must of really grown in the last week cuz Shane even commented on how much bigger I look!

Well, thats all! Until next time, God Bless!

No comments: