Monday, April 04, 2011

1 Year Ago Today...

On 4/4/10 I received the biggest surprise of my life...

I peed on a stick and saw 2 lines...

We weren't trying, but God knew that I needed something that I didn't know I needed...

And He humbly BLESSED me with this beautiful girl!


THANK YOU JESUS!

I have soaked up every moment since! Its hard to imagine that a year ago Shane and I were praising Jesus for a new baby, and now she is here and is the sweetest thing! I now truly feel like a mom...its hard to explain, and my sister is the only one that I have talked to that really gets what I mean when I say that (she also has 2 girls). I love Emma with all my being, but things have always been a struggle, she is strong willed, and I have often felt like a failure when parenting her...but with Bree its different, maybe because I have been down this road so I know what to expect and I am more confident this time around...I don't know why, but Bree is like a sweet balm to my soul!

1 comment:

Jason and Nikki Hablitzel said...

KT,
I TOTALLY get what you mean. When Hailee was a baby she made me so happy but when Carter got here my world turned upside down I often felt like sucha failure as a parent and just a bad mom cause he was HARD. Then we were blessed with Miss Brooklyn and she just made everything right again. I love Carter with all my heart but adding Brooklyn evened things out. So dont feel bad I get it and I m sure there are ALOT of other moms who feel the same way.