Well, I am in my 7th week of pregnancy, and each day I am reminded that I am pregnant from the increasing feelings of nausea and tiredness! Today (knock on wood) has been one of the better days I have had...I at least had a few hours of relief during church (I take it as God's sign that He wants me in church!) and I did enjoy some time during the afternoon feeling normal! I contribute it to the chicken fries I had for lunch (they tasted so good at the time, but now just typing about it makes me gag!)
I really haven't had many cravings for specific foods yet, just a continuous feeling that I need to eat accompanied with nothing sounds good to eat! So eating has become increasingly harder! I didn't expect such a need/hate relationship with food!
Shane has been most accommodating so far! Between picking up something from the grocery store after work, to getting me pickles in bed at 10:30pm, to bringing me a granola bar and water each morning!
I have now just started stuffing the granola bar in my pillow when I go to bed at night! So I have something to eat at 3am when I have to wake up to go pee (for the umpteenth time!) and my stomach hurts so bad cuz I haven't eaten! I did have quite a laugh the other morning when shane woke up with a piece of granola embedded in his arm! (he didn't find it as humorous as I did)
My husband just looked at me lovingly last nite, thinking to himself that his wife is crazy as I ate orange muffins in bed!
There has been some perks to all of this! I have received many Congrats cards in the mail and even some fun packages! Below is a picture of the things we have gotten so far!
I really haven't had many cravings for specific foods yet, just a continuous feeling that I need to eat accompanied with nothing sounds good to eat! So eating has become increasingly harder! I didn't expect such a need/hate relationship with food!
Shane has been most accommodating so far! Between picking up something from the grocery store after work, to getting me pickles in bed at 10:30pm, to bringing me a granola bar and water each morning!
I have now just started stuffing the granola bar in my pillow when I go to bed at night! So I have something to eat at 3am when I have to wake up to go pee (for the umpteenth time!) and my stomach hurts so bad cuz I haven't eaten! I did have quite a laugh the other morning when shane woke up with a piece of granola embedded in his arm! (he didn't find it as humorous as I did)
My husband just looked at me lovingly last nite, thinking to himself that his wife is crazy as I ate orange muffins in bed!
There has been some perks to all of this! I have received many Congrats cards in the mail and even some fun packages! Below is a picture of the things we have gotten so far!
We received our first card and package from my best friend, Heather! She got us "The Belly Book", its a really cute 9 month journal! She was totally on top of things, I think I got it only days after I told her I was pregnant!We got a fun package from my mom that included a pink blankie & a blue blankie, each with a poem, some baby hangers and a cute giraffe teether!
My brother, Jared & Missy sent us some cute "lil pals" that clip on to the car seat! Missy told me Jared even picked them out!
Heather's mom, Vanessa sent me a gift card to Motherhood! yah, I get to go shopping!
And we have received many thoughtful cards from so many of you, thank you so much! We really appreciate all of your support and prayers thru out this journey of bringing our 'lil' bean' into the world! Getting the mail has definitely brightened my days of feeling nausea!
No comments:
Post a Comment