Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dedication, Birthday and Maya...

December 14, 2008
3 special things to celebrate today.
First, today Emma was dedicated at church. She looked so beautiful in her cream dress, pink tights and sweater...and of course a pretty pink bow for her head!
We feel very blessed to have a wonderful church family to raise Emma in. And we ask all of you, our family and friends, to help us in raising our child according to God's will!

Shane introducing our family during the dedication

The woman behind the camera is our dear friend and small group leader, Teresa. She was nice enough to take our picture for us. Farther down in this post are some family pictures she took for us after church.

Emma on her way to church

Because I have learned my lesson, I take pictures of Emma BEFORE we go to church, not wait til after. Here are some pictures of her happy, smiley self in the morning!
Good thing I got these taken before, because during small group, after church, Emma blew out her diaper (needless to say we will be throwing out a pair of tights and a receiving blanket, but I managed to save the dress!!!)

I seriously cannot express how truly blessed I feel every time I see Emma's smile and laugh and big beautiful eyes!

Below are some of the pictures Teresa took for us by the fireplace and Christmas tree at our church. Thank you so much Teresa...you did a great job, and having these family pictures of this day are so precious to us and a blessing!
I saved my favorite for our Christmas card, so be expecting that in the mail...oh sometime in January maybe!




Emma literally blew her diaper out after this picture...she was looking so sweet and innocent!




Today was also my 25th Birthday! I haven't felt the best, getting another sinus infection, but my day was still wonderful! Any day is wonderful if I get to spend it with my family and I have my baby Emma healthy, happy and in my arms. Which brings me to the third reason this day is special...
Today marks the 3 year Heavenly birthday of my niece Maya (pictured below). She entered God's kingdom exactly 2 months old, on my 22 birthday. She is truly missed. I cried and held Emma today, knowing how incredibly fortunate I am to be able to hold and kiss my baby!
I love you Jared and Missy, and pray for you often. Please know, there still isn't a day that I don't think about Maya...she will forever live on in our hearts!

10/14/05-12/14/05
Maya, we take comfort in knowing you are dancing with Jesus now, but miss you terribly!

2 comments:

Jason and Nikki Hablitzel said...

Hey Katie,
I meant to just ask what your address is but then I read your post and am in tears looking at your angel neice. I too am holding my baby feeling what a blessing it is to hold and kiss her. I am truly inspired by you and your faith and how you trust in his plan. She is being loved and taken care of by Jesus until you all reunite some day in Heaven. If you dont mind me asking what happened I would listen if not completely ignore that I asked. Emma is gorgeous. I would love to have your email address as well as your home address. P.S. Happy Birthday

kt said...

hi nikki,
my email is katie003@hotmail.com. if you email me, i can then send you my address (i don't want to post my actually address here), and i would love to tell you Maya's story too!
i have been checking your blog out too lately...congrats on your beautiful new baby. Brooklyn is adorable!
kt