Monday, February 02, 2009

Is it really February Already?

Time sure has sped up since I became a stay-at-home mom...I sometimes lose track of the days! And the picture below is evidence that the past 5 months have flew by...
....where in this picture is my little, newborn baby girl I brought home from the hospital?
Tomorrow Emma turns 5 months old!
Shane and I were talking last night in bed about how much we just love being with Emma, and how she becomes more fun everyday! You could live off of her amazing smile alone! I am truly amazed at the love I feel for her...and to think that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us even more than that!

Yes, Bella is surviving her demotion! And is about due for another haircut!

We have broke out more 6 month clothes! Here is one new outfit!

Along with her many goofy faces!



And another new outfit!
I went to pick out Emma's Sunday outfit and was holding her in her closet, it was the first time I had and she LOVED it! She was grabbing at all the clothes and had the hugest smile on her face! I can't believe girls start that young at loving clothes!

Emma's First 'Playdate'
Friday night, we had the pleasure of watching Kamryn Tjebkes. Her mommy and daddy went to a Brad Paisley concert for a much needed time out...Kamryn has a twin brother, Kason, and a 2 year old sister, Kaelen.
Kamryn and Kason are 4 days younger than Emma. Someone else watched Kason, and Kaelen went to stay the night at her grandparents. Kamryn was such a good baby, slept for the most part!

Emma was much more intrigued with Kamryn than vice versa...I think Kamryn is used to seeing another baby around!
Emma holding Kamryn's hand

Emma looking at Kamryn

Kamryn

Saturday, Shane got up and went to Top Gun. Emma always wakes up right after he leaves at 6:30am...so I pulled her in to bed and nursed her and we fell back asleep for an hour. Shane brought home McDonald's breakfast. I had a really productive day, while Shane spent most of the day hanging out with Emma, it was great! I gathered up all the recyclables and loaded them in the car (Shane went and unloaded them for me!), I also made it out of the house to run a few errands, got some cleaning done and 3 loads of laundry!

Shane and Emma playing together


When I got home from running errands, this is what I found...Daddy, Emma and Bella napping!

Sunday we did the usual...church and small group in the morning. I ran into the grocery store for a few things on our way home. And Emma and I took a nice nap in the recliner in the afternoon.
We watched the super bowl, and then The Office (it was a new, 1 hour episode!) The weather was beautiful this weekend!

Well, thats all for now...I have a short video of Emma and Kamryn I will try to get posted today too!

1 comment:

Hughes' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.