Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Surprise Visitors!!!

On Thursday morning, I was nursing Emma right before we left for Bible study and my phone rang. It was my dad and he asked if I wanted to eat lunch with him...come to find out, he and my mom were only a little over an hour away!!! I was completely shocked and surprised! So they were waiting for me when I came out of Bible study! I was already having a great day (because I was able to fit into a pair of favorite jeans that I wore on my honeymoon), and then the huge blessing of getting to see my mom and dad, and to top that off...we ate lunch at Las Lomas (my fav)!
For those of you that don't know...I live over 9 hours (over 600 miles) from my parents, and I haven't seen them since we were home for Christmas. And didn't have plans to see them until mid-April.

My parents stayed until Sunday. On Friday, my dad drove over to Galva, IL to check out a truck. My mom and I went to her hair appointment (that she made the week before..she had told me she made a hair appointment, just not where!) Mom and I also rented a couple of movies. Saturday, we all relaxed, and mom and I made a ham, mashed potatoes and gravy. It was weird, at the beginning of the week when I went grocery shopping, I stocked up on lots of things...good thing I did!

Thursday morning...our surprise visitors arrive!

Emma being goofy!

Emma being goofy...again!
Are you starting to see her personality?

Emma getting her much needed Nana-time!


Time to say goodbye for now :(

Me, Emma & Nana

Emma & Nana
Papa, Me, Nana & Emma
Emma definitely gets her eye color from my side of the family

Mommy & Emma


My beautiful family!



Sunday during some daddy and Emma play time!

As you can see, we had a wonderful last couple of days and feel extremely blessed!
Mom and Dad - you can surprise us ANYTIME!!! We love you and miss you so much already...but feel refreshed and very loved!

No comments: