Friday, October 09, 2009

Happy Friday!

Things have been crazy at our house! Emma is changing so much! Our biggest change is, she is weaned from breast feeding. She has been for a week now. She pretty much self-weaned. It was hard to let go of that bonding, but I feel very blessed that we made it past the year mark and it was a great experience! I also have so much more confidence breastfeeding for when the next baby comes along!

Emma walks all over now, and loves to dance! She has added a few more words to her vocabulary, and communicates the things she wants better everyday (but don't doubt for a second that she doesn't scream anymore!) She says cheese, and says juice the best she can. Today, I asked her if she wanted cheese, she said cheese, walked to the frig and tried to open the door!

I've been busy sewing. I went from 5 to now 7 diapers bags in the works. Right now, I am working on 2 at the same time that need to be done in the next few weeks. We looked at sewing machines last weekend, to get an idea on what its gonna cost to get a new one. Of course, the one that I would love to have doesn't fit in the Dave Ramsey budget...yet, anyway! Shane just keeps telling me that 'if I live like no one else right now, I can live like no one else later!' (for those of you that don't know, that is Dave's motto) I told him I am changing it to ' if I live like no one else right now, I can sew like no one else later'! ha! In reality, I am hoping to at least bump up into a sewing machine that has a 10" arm, and offers a few more features than what I have now.

It's hard to believe its already Friday! We don't have much planned for the weekend. I still need to find Emma a jacket, I went to the QC on Wednesday to just Target and Old Navy, and they didn't have the sizes I needed, so I may talk Shane into shopping, but doubtful! I will probably just end up ordering off the internet. We still have some organizing to do around the house, and I need to get more things listed on freecycle, I already got rid of a bunch of clothes earlier this week on there!

Well, I can't think of anything else right now. Below are some pics from the last week or so!

Emma fell asleep while sorting thru my tulle scraps!

Emma looking like a little girl, not a baby anymore :(

Bein' cheesy!

Looking so cute in jeans!

Emma crawls into everything!

Emma's dress I made her. It was my first attempt, so next time should be better!



2 comments:

Hughes' said...

She is getting to be such a big girl!! You're right, she doesn't look like a baby anymore. I can't wait to get her here to play with!! :) That dress is adorable. You're so creative!!

Lynette said...

What a great dress! How fun that she just fell asleep on the floor...I can't imagine my girls doing that :) Great pictures.