Sunday, the 17th, my mom and Gramma Cena arrived around 6:30pm! Actually, we were on our way home from picking my stuff up at the craft show in Davenport, and we all got off the interstate at the same time...my mom was just a half mile ahead of us!
They came to help me cross some things off my list and to keep my sanity while Shane was gone for 4 days in Boston! We had a great time and enjoyed every minute God blessed us with!!!
Here is a break down of how we spent our days:
Sunday evening - They arrived and we enjoyed a dinner out at Las Lomas!
Monday - Shane left for Boston. My mom and I tackled the bathroom: went thru closets and cabinets, wiped down walls and rearranged some. We then moved on to the kitchen and went thru all cabinets and drawers, added new liners to my drawers. Those 2 rooms took quite a bit of time, but we purged of a lot of stuff!!!We also cleaned out my freezer in my kitchen and chest freezer downstairs. I made beef & broccoli for supper, and spent the evening watching Dancing w/ the Stars. My mom and Gramma always say they enjoy my 'good' cooking...so I try and make them yummy stuff to eat while here!
Tuesday - We got up and around and left the house shortly after 9am to head to the QC to do my Sam's Club shopping trip. I also ran into PetCo (while everyone else waited in the car) to get Bella her cookies (poor dog has been out for a month!). We then went to Kohl's for a little while, then stopped at a baby boutique where I bought Emma's baby book to see if they had one I liked for this baby...they didn't have anything neutral that I liked, so I am still looking for one. We then enjoyed a nice lunch at Olive Garden. When we got back to Muscatine, we stopped at Farm & Fleet to check out their ToyLand, and then hit the grocery store on our way home. We all were pretty tired by that time! We enjoyed homemade chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes for supper!
Wednesday - Because I needed to take full advantage of having people to shop with, we got up and around again in the morning and headed in the opposite direction to the outlet mall! I really needed to hit the Carters Outlet and spent quite a bit of time and money in there! I picked up a boy and girl outfit to bring the baby home in, and picked up some cold weather clothes for Emma. We also hit Old Navy and Maurices, I did find me a couple of henley type shirts to wear for nursing. We then headed to the Coralville mall, had some lunch and did some more shopping. My goal was to find a new comfy outfit to wear home from the hospital, I found one I liked at Victoria's Secret, but did not have the sizes I needed...so that is still on my list. We also stopped in Target, where Emma picked out a 'new potty'. This was the first time she said she would pick one out. She still hasn't 'used' it yet, but will sit on it...so only time will tell, we aren't pushing her to do anything, just waiting for her to tell us. I also picked up a few of the baby items that are on my list. After we got back to Muscatine, we picked up 'the backup plan' at a redbox and headed home. For supper we had a yummy salad, penne noodles w/ sauce & garlic bread!
Thursday - We spent most of the day at home. My mom scrubbed my shower, and when I say it looks amazing, that word doesn't do it justice! I don't think it was that clean when we moved in! It was getting pretty bad (I will admit it, I hadn't cleaned it since I got pregnant...my cleaner is awesome stuff, but very potent and I should not inhale it while pregnant). We also did some laundry and more cleaning. I sorted thru Emma's clothes and packed more away. We made a trip to walmart and Shane arrived home from Boston. We carved my 9 pumpkins and got the seeds out, rinsed and laid out to dry. We had macaroni salad and french dips for supper.
Friday - My mom and Gramma planned to leave this day, but my mom didn't sleep well...well no one did actually because Emma threw a huge fit at 1:15 am in the morning and screamed for a good 45 minutes! She woke up and when I went in to check on her she insisted on watching Mickey Mouse on the ipod (which I absolutely refused!) but she kept on and on about it. I finally had to put her in her crib until she calmed down, and I went back and rocked her a while later and she was much better. It was great to have my mom and Gramma here an extra day. I made a carmel roll for breakfast and we lounged a little. I also baked my pumpkin seeds. Then my mom and I tackled my large storage closet upstairs. We took out lots of stuff to be put on a garage sale and rearranged it so that there is room for my sewing stuff toward the front, which I will be moving up there shortly before the baby is born while I take a few months off from sewing. We also rented a couple of movies that day, 'Letters to Juliet' & 'Crazy Heart'. My mom and Gramma made potato soup and I threw some biscuits in to enjoy with it for supper!
Saturday morning my mom and Gramma headed home, we were sad to see them go, but were thrilled with the time we had together, God is always so awesome with allowing us the opportunity to spend some great quality time together. Emma really enjoyed having them here....its sooo cute how she says 'Gramma Cena'!
Here are some pictures from our week with them:
They came to help me cross some things off my list and to keep my sanity while Shane was gone for 4 days in Boston! We had a great time and enjoyed every minute God blessed us with!!!
Here is a break down of how we spent our days:
Sunday evening - They arrived and we enjoyed a dinner out at Las Lomas!
Monday - Shane left for Boston. My mom and I tackled the bathroom: went thru closets and cabinets, wiped down walls and rearranged some. We then moved on to the kitchen and went thru all cabinets and drawers, added new liners to my drawers. Those 2 rooms took quite a bit of time, but we purged of a lot of stuff!!!We also cleaned out my freezer in my kitchen and chest freezer downstairs. I made beef & broccoli for supper, and spent the evening watching Dancing w/ the Stars. My mom and Gramma always say they enjoy my 'good' cooking...so I try and make them yummy stuff to eat while here!
Tuesday - We got up and around and left the house shortly after 9am to head to the QC to do my Sam's Club shopping trip. I also ran into PetCo (while everyone else waited in the car) to get Bella her cookies (poor dog has been out for a month!). We then went to Kohl's for a little while, then stopped at a baby boutique where I bought Emma's baby book to see if they had one I liked for this baby...they didn't have anything neutral that I liked, so I am still looking for one. We then enjoyed a nice lunch at Olive Garden. When we got back to Muscatine, we stopped at Farm & Fleet to check out their ToyLand, and then hit the grocery store on our way home. We all were pretty tired by that time! We enjoyed homemade chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes for supper!
Wednesday - Because I needed to take full advantage of having people to shop with, we got up and around again in the morning and headed in the opposite direction to the outlet mall! I really needed to hit the Carters Outlet and spent quite a bit of time and money in there! I picked up a boy and girl outfit to bring the baby home in, and picked up some cold weather clothes for Emma. We also hit Old Navy and Maurices, I did find me a couple of henley type shirts to wear for nursing. We then headed to the Coralville mall, had some lunch and did some more shopping. My goal was to find a new comfy outfit to wear home from the hospital, I found one I liked at Victoria's Secret, but did not have the sizes I needed...so that is still on my list. We also stopped in Target, where Emma picked out a 'new potty'. This was the first time she said she would pick one out. She still hasn't 'used' it yet, but will sit on it...so only time will tell, we aren't pushing her to do anything, just waiting for her to tell us. I also picked up a few of the baby items that are on my list. After we got back to Muscatine, we picked up 'the backup plan' at a redbox and headed home. For supper we had a yummy salad, penne noodles w/ sauce & garlic bread!
Thursday - We spent most of the day at home. My mom scrubbed my shower, and when I say it looks amazing, that word doesn't do it justice! I don't think it was that clean when we moved in! It was getting pretty bad (I will admit it, I hadn't cleaned it since I got pregnant...my cleaner is awesome stuff, but very potent and I should not inhale it while pregnant). We also did some laundry and more cleaning. I sorted thru Emma's clothes and packed more away. We made a trip to walmart and Shane arrived home from Boston. We carved my 9 pumpkins and got the seeds out, rinsed and laid out to dry. We had macaroni salad and french dips for supper.
Friday - My mom and Gramma planned to leave this day, but my mom didn't sleep well...well no one did actually because Emma threw a huge fit at 1:15 am in the morning and screamed for a good 45 minutes! She woke up and when I went in to check on her she insisted on watching Mickey Mouse on the ipod (which I absolutely refused!) but she kept on and on about it. I finally had to put her in her crib until she calmed down, and I went back and rocked her a while later and she was much better. It was great to have my mom and Gramma here an extra day. I made a carmel roll for breakfast and we lounged a little. I also baked my pumpkin seeds. Then my mom and I tackled my large storage closet upstairs. We took out lots of stuff to be put on a garage sale and rearranged it so that there is room for my sewing stuff toward the front, which I will be moving up there shortly before the baby is born while I take a few months off from sewing. We also rented a couple of movies that day, 'Letters to Juliet' & 'Crazy Heart'. My mom and Gramma made potato soup and I threw some biscuits in to enjoy with it for supper!
Saturday morning my mom and Gramma headed home, we were sad to see them go, but were thrilled with the time we had together, God is always so awesome with allowing us the opportunity to spend some great quality time together. Emma really enjoyed having them here....its sooo cute how she says 'Gramma Cena'!
Here are some pictures from our week with them:
When I was going thru Emma's cloths, I got out her halloween costume (it was cousin Haley's from last year). I had it just laying on the floor when she woke up from her nap, and when she saw it she asked to put it on (I wasn't sure if she would wear it or not!) Well as you can tell from the pictures below, she LOVED it! and has wore it many times sense then!



Emma, Nana, Gramma Cena & Me(you will have to excuse the way I look, it was in the morning and I am unshowered and have no make-up on)
Emma changing her baby's diaper...I am pretty sure she could master changing her new lil' brother/sister's diaper if newborns just didn't wiggle alot!
Gramma Cena, Emma & NanaWe got quite a bit of stuff crossed off my list, especially in terms of some shopping and cleaning. So before I tackle the last of my cleaning, I can focus on getting all of my sewing done...which the list is still pretty long! And I plan to spend a few weekends in November freezing meals. My mom is going to come about a week before the baby is due, and we will finish up what I have left to do and wait for baby Struckman #2 to arrive!
Thanks SO MUCH Mom and Gramma Cena for coming out and helping me! You were a tremendous help to this crazy, pregnant woman! Love you both so very much!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment