Saturday, January 12, 2008

I think the picture says it all!

Shane and I have very exciting news...as you can tell in the the picture, we are having a baby!!!
Its kinda been a long journey, and we feel very blessed! We have been trying for over 9 months, and when I went to the doctor on Dec. 3rd, he determine I was not ovulating, so he prescribed me Clomid. On Dec. 19th, I had blood tests done to see if the Clomid worked...my progesterone level was only 6.6, and the doctor told me I probably didn't ovulate (you usually need a level b/t 10-15 to ovulate) and prescribed me my next round of Clomid as soon as my period started. So we went home to Nebraska knowing we didn't have any fun news to share at Christmas and I was a little down, I wasn't looking forward to another round of Clomid, since I had every side effect with the first round.
I started having every symptom that my period was gonna start only magnified. I didn't know when to expect my period since I had only had 3 in the last 9 months. On Dec. 29th, my mom and I were in North Platte for the birth of my nephew, Jacob. When we went to Wal-Mart, I picked up some pg tests. Shane and I were heading home the next day and I thought I better test just by some miracle from God I was pregnant, so I could at least tell my mother in person.
The next morning I tested and started to see the line go across and figured it was gonna be negative (they always seem to be negative), so I turned away and got my stuff ready to wash my hair, and when I turned back around to throw away the test, I saw a + sign. I immediately yelled "MOM!", she came running into the bathroom thinking something was wrong. With my hands shaking like crazy, I held the test up to her and asked "what is this?" She said "I don't know, it looks like it could be positive."
I then went upstairs and woke up Shane and asked him to read it, he thought it said positive too. So I did another test, and it had the same result!
I called my doctor the next day, the 31st. He had me come in for some blood work, which I didn't get back until late afternoon on Jan. 2nd b/c of the holiday (talk about frustrating!). My progesterone level was at 31 now (which is really good) and my Hcg level was 194 (which means I was definitely pregnant!) The doctor then had me schedule an ultrasound for a week later, b/c he was concerned that the baby didn't implant in the right spot. I was having a lot of cramping and pain on my right side, and some bleeding.
Well, needless to say the next week and 1/2 was nerve wracking, but after breaking down a few times, I just had to put my trust in God that His will be done.
This picture is the result of our ultrasound yesterday! Baby Struckman, which we have dubbed "lil' bean" is tucked safely in my uterus, right where he/she should be! Praise God!!!
We also learned that I am 6 weeks along, and my due date is Sept. 6th, 2008 as of now! The doctor was surprised the baby was as big as it was, b/c he figured I ovulated later since my first progesterone level was so low. Just goes to show that God's will is always done!
Thank you for everyone's prayers and support during these past several months, and especially during the last week! We really appreciate them!
We also would like to say congratulations to my cousin, Tracy and her husband, Ethan, they announced over Christmas that they are expecting in August. So this should be a lot of fun, to be able to share all of our experiences together, since this will be our first child for both of us! We are only about 3-4 weeks apart!
I also have my sister, Britni who is due in May and my sister, Missy just had a baby, so I have lots of women I can go to if I have questions!
Its hard to believe that just peeing on a stick can change the rest of your life! I will continue to keep you all updated!

1 comment:

Dave Ja Vu said...

Congratulations!

Dave (Missy's brother)