Ok, here is a little story...
I love sour patch kids, and well the bag you have to buy at the grocery store isn't very big. I only eat a few sour patch kids at a time, in order to savor them and make them last longer.
Yesterday, at Bible study, we were discussing the selfish things we do and I have to confess the other night I only had like 15 sour patch kids left, and Shane reached his hand over asking for some too...I gave him 5! And asked if I could please have the rest to save for later (after I had eaten the whole rest of the bag myself over the last several days!) I did feel selfish and childish...I can always buy more sour patch kids, and I should have enough self-control to not need a 'fix', and be able to go a few days without them, if that means letting my husband have as many as he wants.
So after Bible study, I went to Wal-Mart (b/c I needed more sour patch kids, among other things, like diapers, etc.) and I happened upon the bag below!
I love sour patch kids, and well the bag you have to buy at the grocery store isn't very big. I only eat a few sour patch kids at a time, in order to savor them and make them last longer.
Yesterday, at Bible study, we were discussing the selfish things we do and I have to confess the other night I only had like 15 sour patch kids left, and Shane reached his hand over asking for some too...I gave him 5! And asked if I could please have the rest to save for later (after I had eaten the whole rest of the bag myself over the last several days!) I did feel selfish and childish...I can always buy more sour patch kids, and I should have enough self-control to not need a 'fix', and be able to go a few days without them, if that means letting my husband have as many as he wants.
So after Bible study, I went to Wal-Mart (b/c I needed more sour patch kids, among other things, like diapers, etc.) and I happened upon the bag below!
Bella was in heaven with the small of the bag alone (she also loves sour patch kids...but rarely gets one...selfish me again!)Anyway, I took this picture so you can see how big the bag is relative to Bella.
And look at all that 'sour patch kid goodness' inside!Anyway, last night I apologized to my husband (he forgave me) and told him he could have as many out of this bag as he wanted and didn't even have to ask!
I will let you know how long this bag lasts us!
Question: How do you eat your sour patch kids?
Shane eats them one at a time, but me on the other hand, have to eat two at a time, each different colors (they just don't taste as good one at a time). My favorite color combo is red and green!
And what would be a Struckman post without a picture of Emma!
So here is our girl!
1 comment:
Hi Katie!
I LOVE sour patch kids way to much, too! I ate them like crazy when I was pregnant with Maverick and now he loves them too. Do you think me eating all of them while pregnant has anything to do with his love for them also?
I love the orange and red ones, Maverick loves the green ones. When I buy a bag, I let Mav have the green ones & I eat the orange and red ones; sometimes together, sometimes not. Neither one of us is too keen on the yellow ones so they are eaten last.
Now I need to go buy some tomorrow after work.
Take care!
Post a Comment