Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ahh, life is crazy...

I have been such a blog slacker! Sorry! But hopefully some pics will make up for it!

Its so hard to believe January is almost over, let alone that it is 2010! I still need to get my 'Christmas' cards out...I think they will be v-day cards now!

Emma is growing and keeping us on our toes. She has added many words to her vocabulary, and knows what so many things are. She is very good at following directions, like picking up her toys, her cup, her blanket, go to you high chair, etc. She has an incredibly goofy personality and keeps me constantly entertained! I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home with her and not miss a single smile or laugh. We always begin our day with reading books (same way we end our day as well). Emma just loves books, we also have to read one every time she gets up from a nap. Her and Bella like to rough-house now, its pretty cute!

Shane is doing well, other than fighting a cold that doesn't seem to want to go away. Its been a crazy and stressful time at work. He is such an amazing dad, and always gives Emma his attention when he is home. They really enjoy playing together.

As for me, God has been doing some fun things in my life! I am really enjoying my Tuesday morning Bible study, I got to help throw a baby shower last Tuesday for 2 of the moms that are pregnant...it was fun getting to know some of them better. I also started a bible study/accountability with a good friend that lives in Cheyenne via email. We are just in our second week, but excited to grow closer to Christ and my friend thru it.

God has also been leading me towards taking my diaper bags and accessories a little further, so after spending the last couple of weeks putting down my 'ideas' and plan on paper and writing a budget, I presented it to my husband, who after prayer and consideration, gave me his blessing to spend the money. I have been receiving more orders and it has been on my heart for awhile now to do 'more' with it, so the plan is to do a couple of craft shows this year, and thats about as far as the plan goes. I don't know if I really want to do anything after that or not, I just know that my life isn't gonna get any less hectic with more kids, and just want to push myself creatively, but most importantly, do this because it is what God wants me to do. I was seriously second guessing myself this week as I was about to place my first wholesale fabric order, wondering what I am gonna do with all that fabric and had gone back to praying for direction from God...well, the next morning, I received an email for a diaper bag order...so I am placing my fabric order tomorrow!
I am really touched at how willing my husband is to let me pursue a dream of mine and how much he believes in me. The money isn't a huge amount to most, but to me it is (especially while trying to save cash for a minivan). I am also trusting God with my sewing machine situation, its still causing me fits...and I have yet to find someone to be able to get it working right, so it takes extra time to fiddle with that I don't really have to waste. Plus, I can't really be with out it for a long period of time. But I know that God will take care of it, since He has always been faithful. (my new sewing machine fund envelope is slowly growing)

Well, I think you are caught up on our news for now. Enjoy the pictures!

Emma still wears her hat all the time!
She also has this thing that every time we open the coat closet, she has to have her coat.

Playing the piano and eating some nerds

Trying on mommy's shoes!



Emma playing with her new doll house

Emma standing in a bowl for reasons still unknown...


Emma's goofiness shining thru!

Emma using daddy's legs as a swing



This kid loves all things girly!

Emma on Saturday morning thinking she needed to go in to work with daddy...she put her boots and coat on over her pjs!

Me and my Emma!


So this is Shane's new scroll saw...his deal of the year from a pawn shop in Davenport.
He is quite thrilled with it. And for those of you that don't know what you do with a scroll saw, well, I guess just about anything, for example, something like in the picture below:

I drew a flower on a piece of wood and Shane cut it out for me...I thought it was pretty cool!



1 comment:

Hughes' said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad to hear that God has shown you His will for your creativeness for this point in life. You are sooo good and what a blessing that can be! You guys look adorable! Love ya!