Today was my 20 week check up. I actually won't be 20 weeks until Friday, but we had to reschedule our Friday appt. to today, b/c Shane will be busy at work on Friday. I was anxious anyway to hear the results of our ultrasound.
My doctor said the baby looked good on the ultrasound and is growing like she should be. Which is great to hear, because when I weighed in today, I had lost more weight. My doctor said by this time in the pregnancy, I should be gaining 1 pound a week. She suggested I start drinking Ensure or Boost a few times a day. Yuck, is the first thing that comes to mind, but I will give it a try.
The doctor said the only problem with the ultrasound was that I have a low lying placenta. The good news is we get to see the baby again in 4 weeks at another ultrasound! The doctor feels hopeful that the placenta will move. It is not harmful for the baby, it just means that if it doesn't move, I will have to have a c-section (which I would really rather avoid! It scares me more than labor!)
It will be nice to have another ultrasound to confirm that this baby is a girl...especially, since I bought some more girl stuff yesterday at the Carter's outlet. I went to see my chiropractor in Oxford, so I couldn't resist going a little further to the outlet mall. I went to Carter's and to Motherhood. I found some cute stuff at Motherhood too! It really is nice to only have to shop at one store!
Well, that is about all the news I have for now!
My doctor said the baby looked good on the ultrasound and is growing like she should be. Which is great to hear, because when I weighed in today, I had lost more weight. My doctor said by this time in the pregnancy, I should be gaining 1 pound a week. She suggested I start drinking Ensure or Boost a few times a day. Yuck, is the first thing that comes to mind, but I will give it a try.
The doctor said the only problem with the ultrasound was that I have a low lying placenta. The good news is we get to see the baby again in 4 weeks at another ultrasound! The doctor feels hopeful that the placenta will move. It is not harmful for the baby, it just means that if it doesn't move, I will have to have a c-section (which I would really rather avoid! It scares me more than labor!)
It will be nice to have another ultrasound to confirm that this baby is a girl...especially, since I bought some more girl stuff yesterday at the Carter's outlet. I went to see my chiropractor in Oxford, so I couldn't resist going a little further to the outlet mall. I went to Carter's and to Motherhood. I found some cute stuff at Motherhood too! It really is nice to only have to shop at one store!
Well, that is about all the news I have for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment