Shane and I had talked and prayed about me going home. I really wanted to make a trip home to be there during the birth of my sister's baby. I wasn't able to make it back for the first one, and she said she was only having two, so it was now or never! I hadn't been home or seen any of my family since Christmas, and was so needing to see my mom! She was suppose to come out a few weeks before for our ultrasound, but did not recover well from her surgery and was unable to make it.
I had always wanted to go home for a surprise visit ever since I moved out here. So I thought this would probably be my last chance (since I will soon have a baby)! And I thought it best to save them the worry about me being on the road and being pregnant! So I decided not to tell any of them I was coming home, which I succeeded in doing (I am horrible about keeping surprises!)
Since I had been feeling horrible during my pregnancy, I wasn't sure if I was up for the 9-10 hour drive. So Shane and I loaded me up Sunday night, and I prayed that if this trip was God's will, that he have me wake up headache-free and full of energy. Which was exactly what He did! I was on the road Monday by 8am! It was extremely hard to leave my husband and I bawled! But I felt extremely blessed with the opportunity to go home and see my family!
God's hand was truly in the drive home, I didn't get sleepy once and the drive went fairly fast. Which is quite something, since I couldn't call any of my family! And when my mom called, I had to make up that I was driving to the QC to do some shopping (which I pulled off quite well, she didn't suspect a thing!)
I finally called my sister when I was about 10 miles from North Platte, to find out if she was still at work, we talked until I was a block from her business (she had no clue I was about to walk in!)
I walked in and she looked up and smiled to say hello, like I was a customer and then shock crossed her face and she started to cry and make her way around the counter (as fast as a 9 month pregnant woman can) to give me a hug!
One reason I for sure wanted to make it home, was I never got a tummy picture with my sister while we were both pregnant (little did I know while I was home for Christmas that I was pregnant). She said she was only having 2 kids, and this baby makes 2 for her, so it was now or never! Yes, I know I look like a slob, but i just drove over 9 hours, and I am pregnant, I gotta wear sweats while I drive!
After visiting Britni for a little while, I hit the interstate again, to travel the last leg of my trip and to surprise my mom! I have to say, it was one of the most fun things I have ever done!
It couldn't have work out more perfect! My mom was downstairs working on the computer, so Chase (the family dog, who barks at everything) was napping on the couch down there and no one heard me come in. So I made my way down the stairs and when I got to the bottom, my mom glanced that way to see who was coming down the stairs. I said "Hi, mom" and she said "Hi Katie", and then it sank in and she screamed 'KATIE!!!' and ran to me and we hugged and cried for several minutes! Then she asked what I was doing there and how did I get there! And then, of course she had to kiss my baby bump!
I have never seen my mom so surprised before! It was well worth the drive!
A little while later, we drove into town to surprise my gramma Cena, and a dear family friend, Dorothy. Dorothy was diagnosed in February with stage 4 ovarian cancer and has been staying in Cheyenne with her son while getting chemo treatments, so I was so pleased to find out she was home for a few days and I got to see her, since I didn't know if or when I would ever get to see her again in this life. It was a great blessing!
On our way home from town, we stopped up at my dad's shop and waited for him to come in for the day. We hid, and pulled around to his pickup after he drove in...needless to say he was quite surprised (mom thought for sure he would have cried if Gregg, his employee hadn't been standing there!)
The following posts are from my days at home!
I had always wanted to go home for a surprise visit ever since I moved out here. So I thought this would probably be my last chance (since I will soon have a baby)! And I thought it best to save them the worry about me being on the road and being pregnant! So I decided not to tell any of them I was coming home, which I succeeded in doing (I am horrible about keeping surprises!)
Since I had been feeling horrible during my pregnancy, I wasn't sure if I was up for the 9-10 hour drive. So Shane and I loaded me up Sunday night, and I prayed that if this trip was God's will, that he have me wake up headache-free and full of energy. Which was exactly what He did! I was on the road Monday by 8am! It was extremely hard to leave my husband and I bawled! But I felt extremely blessed with the opportunity to go home and see my family!
God's hand was truly in the drive home, I didn't get sleepy once and the drive went fairly fast. Which is quite something, since I couldn't call any of my family! And when my mom called, I had to make up that I was driving to the QC to do some shopping (which I pulled off quite well, she didn't suspect a thing!)
I finally called my sister when I was about 10 miles from North Platte, to find out if she was still at work, we talked until I was a block from her business (she had no clue I was about to walk in!)
I walked in and she looked up and smiled to say hello, like I was a customer and then shock crossed her face and she started to cry and make her way around the counter (as fast as a 9 month pregnant woman can) to give me a hug!
One reason I for sure wanted to make it home, was I never got a tummy picture with my sister while we were both pregnant (little did I know while I was home for Christmas that I was pregnant). She said she was only having 2 kids, and this baby makes 2 for her, so it was now or never! Yes, I know I look like a slob, but i just drove over 9 hours, and I am pregnant, I gotta wear sweats while I drive!After visiting Britni for a little while, I hit the interstate again, to travel the last leg of my trip and to surprise my mom! I have to say, it was one of the most fun things I have ever done!
It couldn't have work out more perfect! My mom was downstairs working on the computer, so Chase (the family dog, who barks at everything) was napping on the couch down there and no one heard me come in. So I made my way down the stairs and when I got to the bottom, my mom glanced that way to see who was coming down the stairs. I said "Hi, mom" and she said "Hi Katie", and then it sank in and she screamed 'KATIE!!!' and ran to me and we hugged and cried for several minutes! Then she asked what I was doing there and how did I get there! And then, of course she had to kiss my baby bump!
I have never seen my mom so surprised before! It was well worth the drive!
A little while later, we drove into town to surprise my gramma Cena, and a dear family friend, Dorothy. Dorothy was diagnosed in February with stage 4 ovarian cancer and has been staying in Cheyenne with her son while getting chemo treatments, so I was so pleased to find out she was home for a few days and I got to see her, since I didn't know if or when I would ever get to see her again in this life. It was a great blessing!
On our way home from town, we stopped up at my dad's shop and waited for him to come in for the day. We hid, and pulled around to his pickup after he drove in...needless to say he was quite surprised (mom thought for sure he would have cried if Gregg, his employee hadn't been standing there!)
The following posts are from my days at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment