Today we had our 34 week check-up. I am measuring right on and I gained 1/2 a pound! We go back in 2 weeks and from then on it will be every week until baby Emma decides to come!
I have been feeling pretty tired with spurts of energy here and there! I have lots of stuff I want to get done before the baby comes, but don't really know where to start! After my 36 week appointment, I think I will then focus on getting Emma's new clothes and blankets washed and her diaper bag packed and our bags packed!
The rest of the week consisted of:
A really bad storm early Monday morning b/t 4-5am! It was freaky, and when I noticed the major change in the way the wind was blowing, I told Shane we needed to go downstairs to keep an eye on the storm. The first thing I see when I look out my door are large branches floating down my street that was covered in water. Little did I know until later just how destructive the storm was. Turns out we got like 95 mile straight line winds! There are trees down everywhere! And people were without power the last couple of days. There are still people in the QC area with no power! Thankfully, Shane and I didn't lose power. But when he went to work on Monday, he was home by 9 am because they had no power! So he got the day off from work, but ended up having to spend the day fixing our awning out the back door that the wind about blew off (it was barely hanging on with just 5 screws!)
Monday we attended a "Happiest Baby on the Block" class offered at our hospital by one of the pediatricians. It teaches how to calm babies that have colic. It was interesting and we learned a few things...most importantly, how to swaddle! Its a lot tougher than you think...I think Shane is better at it than me! I feel really blessed to know I have a husband who I can count on to help me with the baby, especially when she won't stop crying!
Thursday, we had our 3rd birthing class. It was a good one, the same pediatrician that taught the class on Monday came to our class and we spent the whole time asking any questions that we had. We learned a lot!
Today, after our appointment I couldn't resist going to Farm & Fleet, where they have the cutest baby clothes. My neighbor works there and had told me they were having their dot sale this month. So I picked up some things and got them all 50% off!
Still no crib! I called twice this week to check on it because I haven't received any tracking info to say it had shipped. With the first phone call on Monday I found out that it was suppose to ship later that afternoon or Tuesday morning and I would be receiving the tracking # via email. Wednesday rolls around and no email saying it shipped, so I called again and the lady said that it had shipped, but the warehouse told her they were having problems loading tracking info into their computer. So she told me to just expect it in 3-4 business days! So lets hope it arrives early next week!
We don't have much planned for the weekend. Shane is going into work tomorrow morning to try and catch up on some things, and I will probably finish up some sewing projects and maybe paint the mirror for the baby's room.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
I have been feeling pretty tired with spurts of energy here and there! I have lots of stuff I want to get done before the baby comes, but don't really know where to start! After my 36 week appointment, I think I will then focus on getting Emma's new clothes and blankets washed and her diaper bag packed and our bags packed!
The rest of the week consisted of:
A really bad storm early Monday morning b/t 4-5am! It was freaky, and when I noticed the major change in the way the wind was blowing, I told Shane we needed to go downstairs to keep an eye on the storm. The first thing I see when I look out my door are large branches floating down my street that was covered in water. Little did I know until later just how destructive the storm was. Turns out we got like 95 mile straight line winds! There are trees down everywhere! And people were without power the last couple of days. There are still people in the QC area with no power! Thankfully, Shane and I didn't lose power. But when he went to work on Monday, he was home by 9 am because they had no power! So he got the day off from work, but ended up having to spend the day fixing our awning out the back door that the wind about blew off (it was barely hanging on with just 5 screws!)
Monday we attended a "Happiest Baby on the Block" class offered at our hospital by one of the pediatricians. It teaches how to calm babies that have colic. It was interesting and we learned a few things...most importantly, how to swaddle! Its a lot tougher than you think...I think Shane is better at it than me! I feel really blessed to know I have a husband who I can count on to help me with the baby, especially when she won't stop crying!
Thursday, we had our 3rd birthing class. It was a good one, the same pediatrician that taught the class on Monday came to our class and we spent the whole time asking any questions that we had. We learned a lot!
Today, after our appointment I couldn't resist going to Farm & Fleet, where they have the cutest baby clothes. My neighbor works there and had told me they were having their dot sale this month. So I picked up some things and got them all 50% off!
Still no crib! I called twice this week to check on it because I haven't received any tracking info to say it had shipped. With the first phone call on Monday I found out that it was suppose to ship later that afternoon or Tuesday morning and I would be receiving the tracking # via email. Wednesday rolls around and no email saying it shipped, so I called again and the lady said that it had shipped, but the warehouse told her they were having problems loading tracking info into their computer. So she told me to just expect it in 3-4 business days! So lets hope it arrives early next week!
We don't have much planned for the weekend. Shane is going into work tomorrow morning to try and catch up on some things, and I will probably finish up some sewing projects and maybe paint the mirror for the baby's room.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment