Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A whole bunch of stuff...

Okay, where do I begin?
Lets talk about my much anticipated rocker/recliner that we ordered back on April 19th! I called last Friday to check up on it, since it had been a little over 8 weeks (which is what we were told it would take to get in) and I hadn't heard anything yet. Well, the guy who sold us the chair couldn't find the information he needed and asked if he could call me back. I said sure...about an hour later I get a phone, and his first words were "I hate to have to tell you this, but...your order for the chair didn't get put in." I said WHAT! When we first ordered the chair, the guy let us select a fabric that a week later come to find you cannot order that chair in, so I had to reselect a new fabric...well, he did not get the reselect put in, therefore, I have no chair coming! My options were:

1) he could talk to his rep on Monday and see if there is anything they could get their hands on in a chocolate brown color that would work (he was unable to do that!)

2) Get my money back (I paid in full back in April) and try and find something somewhere else. (Shane and I hunted the QC this past Saturday, only to find the exact chair I want, in the exact fabric I want at Lazyboy Galleries for $200 more between their price and the delivery fee. They wouldn't even price match and I showed them my receipt for what I paid for for the exact chair, plus Shane and I had seen the chair back in April at Lazyboy, and decided to try and find it somewhere else b/c these people there are complete jerks, and they were no less jerks this past Saturday...so we didn't really want to give them our business.)

3) Put the order in for the chair and wait 7 to 9 weeks (LazyBoy manufacturers close the whole week for the 4th of July Holiday) and pray it gets here before the baby. The guy did offer a loaner chair if the baby arrives before the chair.
I went with option 3 b/c we couldn't find anything else, and we didn't want to spend more money at Lazyboy Galleries on the chair when logically we don't 'need' to use the chair until baby Emma arrives. (Its hard for my logical thinking/engineer husband to understand...I NEED the darn chair for EMOTIONAL reasons! ha ha!) But I didn't let the hormones over take me, and I am handling the whole situation quite well! Oh, and I told the guy not to be surprised if we called next week to make sure our order had been placed!

Crib Update:
Well, I put in a call last week to check on the status of the crib. The customer service rep called the manufacturer while on the phone with me, he said it would be another week. So the rep said she would call in another week and get back to me as to what they say. She actually called me back, and when she talked to the manufacturer this week, he said the crib will not be ready to ship for another 2 weeks now, maybe a little less. I asked the rep if I would really see this crib, she said she was confident that I would 'eventually' see the crib, she just didn't know when. So I decided I could wait 2 more weeks for this crib, and then I would probably need to go to plan B in order to have a different crib here in time. Which plan B is a very similar looking crib, but costs $100.00 more and a different brand, so I don't know for sure if the whites will match. I did call the website I would order it from, and it is in-stock though, so I could probably have it within 3 weeks of placing the order.

We have ANTS!
Talk about wanting to drive a pregnant woman crazy!!! I have little brown ants swarming around one window where the ledge and the side moldings meet. So yesterday, I bought some bait food/ant kill, which brought them out in the multitudes, and they were even worse today! I couldn't stand it anymore and called Bosch Pest Control at 2:15pm today. There was a guy actually at my house by 2:40pm! Talk about service. He put out his own bait food/ant kill, and said I would see a difference by morning (he said the stuff I bought would work, just take longer). I have already seen a huge difference!!! And I was so relieved that he said they were just a typical house ant...and not doing any destruction (I was so afraid they were eating my wood, cuz they weren't interested in food that was sitting nearby). I asked the guy the cost of his routine spraying and how that worked, and then asked what I owed him today. He said they would bill me and it wouldn't be much, and if I went ahead and called the office to set up a routine spray that he probably wouldn't even charge me for today's visit. So thats what I did. I have some friendly spiders that I would like to see gone too, and with all this wet weather I guess the bugs are worse. I was very happy that I experienced some good customer service!

UPS man stopped by again today:
Today he brought me my high chair! yeah! Below is a picture. It didn't have a note or anything as to who it was from, so I had to call the Kids Stuff Store to find out who purchased it off my registry! Shane and I have his mom, Sharon, sister's Janice & Lindsey, and his gramma Patty to thank for the cute high chair! So thank you guys for the gift, it is greatly appreciated! I really have no idea how Shane and I would have fit all the large items we have already received in our car if we would have had to haul them home from Nebraska.

Below is our little bench /chair we picked up on a garage sale a few years back that we have sitting in our bedroom. Its where Shane sits to put on & take off his shoes everyday, and it currently serves as my way in and out of bed, since our bed sits on 8 inch risers and being pregnant has presented quite the challenge getting in and out of such a high bed. And if you are asking yourself "why do they have such a high bed?" I just like having a high bed, I think b/c I had to sleep on a top mattress layed on the floor the first 8 months we lived in Muscatine, b/c our queen size box springs would not fit up the stairs at our townhome (even though the landlady swore they did) and it took 8 months to discover they actually make split queen size box springs (I had no clue!) Plus, I like being able to store totes and Bella's kennel under our bed.
Anyway, I just got done covering it in the same material we did our headboard in.
And for my fellow pregnant women I know (Tracy & Kandice are all that come to mind):
The Philadelphia Cracker Spread - Pepperjack w/ Jalapeno is quite yummy on club crackers! Its a good prego snack! It comes in 3 other flavors too that I haven't tried!

Okay, I think that about covers all the news for now. We will be heading home tomorrow for the weekend to spend with family! Hope everyone has a good 4th of July!


1 comment:

Kandice, Jeff, Kaelen, Kamryn and Kason said...

Hi Katie,

I loved this! We are currently having a crisis with our second crib so I know exactly how you feel.

Have a good one!
Kandice