Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Weekend...

Shane and I had a good weekend! We didn't work in the basement like we had planned to, but oh well, Shane is still confident it will get done before the baby comes!

Saturday we met with our Bible Study group for our annual summer get together at a park for some games and lunch! We played ladder golf and bean bag toss. And had some yummy hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, cookies and even yellow watermelon! I took a taco salad...and when we got home I found the can of kidney beans that are suppose to go in it still on the counter...I forgot to put them in! I have been having a lot of those 'pregnancy moments' lately!
I got a little overheated while we were out, so when we got home we decided to watch the movie "Charlie Wilson's War." And then I spent the rest of the day sewing until about 11pm.

Today, we went to church, then Wal-Mart & HyVee. I tried to stock up, since our street is suppose to be closed this week, weather permitting, so they can redo it, therefore, I will not be able to park in my driveway again!

After lunch, I was able to get a 2 hour nap in! Then Shane offered to help me can pickles and make zucchini bread! Which I ended up needing his help anyway since while I was putting jars in the canner to sterilize them, boiling water came up and burned my entire right hand (I told you I am having a lot 'pregnancy moments' lately!) I am not sure how I managed it! I ended up having to run my hand under cold water for 45 minutes before the swelling began to subside and the throbbing pain went away!

Anyway, we had enough cucumbers to do one batch, which is 4 quart jars of pickles, and we made two batches of bread...which is 4 loaves! Which only used 1 1/2 zucchini, so I still have tons left and more ready to pick almost everyday!

After all that, I decided to try and sew, which I managed to do for about 3 to 4 hours, but had to run my hand under water about every 10 minutes to keep the pain down!

Now, we are just relaxing before bed, I am thinking I am gonna have to go get a pickle to snack on before bed! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Below are a few pics. The first is my 33 week pregnancy pic.

33 weeks pregnant

My very fluffy Bella!
She is in need of a haircut, badly!

No comments: