Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Houston...We Have a CRIB!!!

Yes, you read right...we have a crib!
It actually arrived today! I was very happy to see the FedEx man! It was a huge and heavy box, so I opened it outside and brought it in piece by piece and carried it upstairs! Shane was generous enough to put it together for me, even though he had a long day at work and was not feeling well at all...I told him it could wait if he wanted, but after supper he said he would put it together! I love my hubby!!!

The crib in pieces.

and more pieces.

My wonderful husband putting his baby daughter's crib together!

Making progress.

Bella found a comfy spot to hang out and watch us.

The finished result! We hardly had any room to spare for the crib to fit in the little nook. There is 59 3/4 inches between the baseboards, and the crib is 58 3/4 inches wide!
The whites actually match and I think the two pieces actually go pretty well together, especially for not being made by the same company.
There is a drawer at the bottom for added storage!

Here is a picture with the gate down.
I thought the crib was really going to make the room feel small, but it actually didn't! I am glad we went with white furniture, b/c otherwise I think it would have been too dark in there if we would have went with cherry.

A picture with some of Emma's accessories.
This weekend I hope to hang her letters, some shelves and her mirror!
I put the bumper pad in for now, but once Emma starts to actually sleep in her crib, I will take it out. I wanted one for looks, and to use in there if we use this crib as her toddler bed since it did come with the toddler rail (it will all depend on when the next baby Struckman comes!)

Bella testing out the crib. She is definitely sensing change, I think!

As you can tell, Bella got a haircut today! I think she looks so adorable!

Shane calls her 'the disco queen' after her haircuts, b/c I always have Kelly, my groomer, leave Bella's head and tail fluffy...so she kinda looks like she has an afro!

Well, its getting late, but I wanted to get pics of the crib posted, since I won't have time the next couple of days!

No comments: