Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend in Nebraska...

Shane and I made a trip home to Nebraska for the 4th of July weekend! Shane took Thursday afternoon off and Monday. We planned to get a good start on Thursday, but were delayed when I fell carrying some stuff to the car. My street has been getting worked on, and I hadn't been able to park in my driveway for almost 3 weeks, and Thursday morning they finally poured the cement for my driveway, and the crew left a long pole laying in the grass while they moved down to the next driveway, which I managed to trip over. I fell straight forward on to my hands and knees. It became extremely hard to breathe, and I was experiencing back and stomach pain, most likely from my ligaments being pulled. I called Shane, who immediately left work, and then called my doctor who said that I needed to go to the hospital to be monitored. Little did I know until I got there that I had to be monitored for 4 hours!
Baby Emma checked out just fine and I had no bleeding, so we were given the okay to travel. Shane and I finally figured out where labor and delivery was and I also got to experience hospital food (definitely not looking forward to it again!) So I guess all is well that ends well. I know I wouldn't have been able to make the 10 hour drive without knowing baby Emma was okay! We ended up still driving the entire way home and finally arrived at 2am.

All of our siblings also were home, so Shane and I kinda split up and each spent most of the time with our own families, since this was pretty much the last time we could do that, since we will have a kid soon!
We spent the 4th shooting off tons of fireworks (which was nice, since we can't do that in Iowa).
My baby shower was on the 5th, and Shane and I also went to a demolition derby with some of his family. We headed back home on Monday morning. Thankfully, traffic wasn't bad either coming or going and we were blessed with a safe trip! Below are some pics of the weekend! You can tell who gets to take the camera when we go home, because they are all of my family!Jacob sitting in my lap!

Missy and I thought putting Jacob in his diaper bag would make some cute pics!

He looked so 'adorable'!

Jacob

Zoe

Baby Jacob's foot & Baby Haley's foot.
Jacob is 4 months older than Haley, but her feet are just as long as his. His feet were twice as thick and wide though! We have a feeling that Haley will be tall like her dad!

Jacob, Zoe & Haley

Baby Haley & Baby Jacob

Getting the pool set up!

Luke & Kenna

Zoe

Missy & Nathan

Gramma Joyce holding Haley Mae

Granpa Dave & Gramma Joyce

Matthew
He wore Kenna's shoes all weekend long, and clothes and diaper were optional!

Luke

Mom and Dad parked their camper in the back so Britni, Brad & the kids could stay in it, and Jared & Missy brought up their camper to stay in! It was a little redneckish, but you should come to expect nothing less from the Blackman family! I wish I would have taken pictures of the different vans as well! Jared & Missy drive a monster of a family van, and Brad drives a big sized van decked out in flames!
I don't think Britni & Missy were ready for this shot!
Of course, Bella is sitting in the middle begging for food!
Jared w/ baby duty...I think he really enjoys it!

Nathan & Matthew

My Family

Another Family Picture
The Blackman Zoo
Jared, Nathan, Luke, Kenna, Matthew, Missy & Jacob
The O'Keefe Family
Zoe, Britni, Brad & Baby Haley

No comments: