Monday, July 28, 2008

The Weekend...

Our weekend was good. Saturday morning Shane went into work for a little while. I did some cleaning and laundry while he was gone. Then we had lunch and decided to go to Iowa City to see a movie and do a little shopping.

There really wasn't much to choose from for movies to see, so we settled on 'Step Brothers'. It definitely wasn't Will Farrell's best movie nor his 2nd, or 3rd...you get the picture. It had some funny moments, but for the most part was over the top and stupid. I was happy though that I got my nachos (which now cost $6.00!!!) and I treated myself to a yummy fountain drink!

We didn't have much success shopping...I wanted to find a new pair of jeans for Shane. He is down to one decent pair of jeans, which I had found on the clearance rack for $11 last summer at Wal-Mart. He ruined his other good pair (my favorite on him) over 4th of July weekend by getting grass stains all over them and I couldn't get them all out...they are also 5 years old, have a few holes and the button is missing, so he really is in need of a new pair. If you know Shane, you know he won't spend more than $20 to $25 on a pair of jeans, which is okay with me. But all the ones that I thought were cute in that price range, he refused to try on. He finally tried on a few pairs at Gordman's...but he didn't like the way they fit. I also wanted to find Shane a few new t-shirts...b/c he hasn't bought a new one in 4 years since we got married, and lets face it they are getting kinda gross! But we didn't have any luck with finding any t-shirts either...it seemed every store has really weird shirts out now, they are either funky colors, like pink & purple, or have HUGE graphics on the front of them. I didn't see a single t-shirt I could see my husband wearing!

As for me, I didn't do much shopping for myself...I did see lots of cute tops out, that I of course can't wear! I did go into Motherhood and went thru their clearance rack of nursing clothes, and did find one top and a bra on sale for cheap! And thats all we bought! We didn't even get baby Emma anything...I was on the hunt for some cute baby jeans, but didn't find any that I liked!

On Sunday, we finally made it to the basement! We didn't get very far. It took some time to gather all the stuff we needed to mix the 'surface bonding cement' and to do some trial and error. That morning we did get one bag on the wall (its gonna take a total of 23...so we have a ways to go!) I did the troweling and Shane did the mixing! Below is a picture...Dad, does it look like its suppose to?


I will need to make a trip to Home Depot this week to buy more so that we can work on it this weekend. We only picked up 2 bags a while back to see if it was gonna work...we wanted to make sure, b/c its like $15 a bag! To get me thru the work, I keep focusing on all the added storage I will have when the basement is done, dry and I have my shelves up! We also are gonna get a small freezer, only like 7.2 cu.ft. to put down there. We really need it now, so I can freeze some sweet corn and meals, but will have to wait until my parents come out for the baby so we have a way to haul it home from Menards, and so Shane has someone to help him carry it to the basement, since I can't really help him!

Below is a 34 week, 3 day pregnancy pic. I'm still feeling pretty good, I get tired...but naps really help with that! I'm looking forward to my massage on Wednesday! I am so glad my friend, Mora-Leigh comes to my house to give me a massage, it will make it very handy once the baby arrives to continue getting them!
We have a busy week this week, so I will update at the end of the week! Hopefully, I will have a crib to post about...but don't hold your breathe!

No comments: