Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Blessed Weekend...

Well, the weekend is almost over. We had a very blessed weekend, filled with family, friends, worship and of course, football.

A co-worker of Shane's offered him a ticket and ride to Ames, IA for the Nebraska vs. Iowa State game on Saturday. So of course, he accepted and had a great time! He came home sun burnt and almost without a voice from yelling!

My mom, gramma, Emma and I relaxed on Saturday and rented 2 chick flicks! My mom and gramma headed back to Nebraska today. I was very sad to see them go, but praise God for blessing us with the time together!

Best friends, Heather and Jon, stopped by to see us (mostly, Emma) on their way home after spending the weekend in Lincoln. It was great to see them, as always! We are looking forward to them moving to Lincoln next August, so we can see them even more!

I have a busy week ahead. I need to put my house back together after having company. Lots and lots of laundry to do. Shane and I both need to get flu shots. I need to make my 6 week checkup with my doctor. I have a few more announcements and thank yous that need to go out. And I finally have to go thru Emma's clothes for the first time and put away most of her newborn stuff! We are also hosting Bible study this weekend, so I need to clean the house and plan a meal for that! Well, I better finish this post before Emma wakes up and is ready to eat again!

Below are some pictures for your enjoyment!

Me and Emma napping

This is where Bella spent most of her time while my gramma Cena was here. Bella is going to go thru major withdrawals this week!

4 generations
Gramma Cena, Nana Jen, Katie and Emma

Me, my mom and Emma


Nana and Emma


Emma's outfit today!
Everyone at church thought she was just adorable!



My smiley girl!

I just had to take a picture of these and post it:
Emma's Aunt Heather got these for Emma (she never seems to come empty handed to our house!)
Why do you ask, did I just have to post a picture (other than they are adorable). I found it quite funny that she brings Emma brown and pink polka dot stuff today and Emma was decked out in a brown and pink polka dot outfit today! It just shows how alike Heather and I really are! Thanks Aunt Heather and Uncle Jon for the cute shoes and dress!

Aunt Heather and Emma

Uncle Jon, Aunt Heather and Emma

Aunt Heather, Emma and me

Us with our beautiful gift from God!

1 comment:

Hughes' said...

Cute pics Kate! It was so good to see you guys. We got our announcement when we got home.... IT'S ADORABLE! They turned out so cute! She's hanging on our fridge so every time we open it, she's right there. So... I'm thinking Emma would probably like to visit her Aunt Heather sometime. : ) Hopefully something will work out soon for us to be able to see each other again. We miss you guys and love you!