Here is a picture of Emma's adorable pj's she is wearing tonight!I don't know why I feel the need to have a picture of Emma in almost every piece of clothing she wears...but hey, I have a camera and the cutest baby...who happens to have some pretty cute clothes, so I guess thats why!
Notice the 'mittens' on Emma's hand - she scratched her eye at 4 am this morning (yes, my all night sleeper has decided not to sleep all night the last 3 nights!). I had just laid Emma in her bed and turned the lamp out and looked at her and she was rubbing her eye cuz she was tired and then started screaming! So I pulled her back out of bed and calmed her down until she was too tired to cry anymore and fall asleep. She wouldn't open her eyes and the left one was red and leaking water. So this morning when she woke up, she did so screaming in pain again and her eye was now swollen and she wouldn't open them, and it was still red and leaking water. So I called the doctor, who was able to get us in this morning.
Thankfully, the doctor said she didn't scratch the actually cornea. But that it was red in the whites of her eye, and prescribed an eye ointment to prevent infection and to help heal and sooth. She also gave the 'ok' to start giving her Tylenol.
She also said that regardless of having her nails trimmed or not, babies can still scratch their eyes and she sees it quite often. Her suggestion was for her to wear mittens! Emma's mittens didn't use to fit when she was a newborn, b/c of her skinny wrists...but they stay on now!
Emma also weighed in at 11 lbs 13 oz and was 22 inches long!
No comments:
Post a Comment