Thursday, January 08, 2009

More Pics...

My mom, Emma and Me

Nana and Emma



Emma meeting Aunt Sara

Below are pics from spending Christmas Eve and day with Shane's side of the family.
We went to Christmas Eve service, then opened presents (Shane grew up thinking Santa comes on Christmas Eve while they are at church, while at my house Santa came during the night and we opened presents Christmas morning, but we did get to open 1 present Christmas Eve night). Its still up for debate as to what traditions we will start for our kids...we are not sure how we will approach the whole Santa thing yet, we need to pray more about it and also seek out what other Christian parents do...I would love to hear any of your ideas!

Emma and her Grandpa Tom


Tanner and Lindsey
(Shane's younger brother and sister)

Shane, Lindsey & Tanner
(Janice is missing from this picture, her and her family couldn't come until New Years)
Emma and Gramma Sharon

Our First Christmas with Emma

Grandpa Bud, Gramma Cena and Emma
(these are my mom's parents)
After church, we made a quick stop by my gramma Cena's house so she could see Emma all dressed up.
This is the best shot of Emma I got in her Christmas dress.

Emma opening her first Christmas present from us!
(it was a jitter toy)

Emma hanging out in the bouncer while we opened gifts.

Shane's funny expression when he opened his gift from me!

2 comments:

sixbehrs said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind if I share what we do in regards to Santa (the Easter Bunny, etc....). We definitely don't make a big deal out of it, and here's why...Santa, the tooth fairly, the Easter Bunny, Jesus...one of these is very real (although St. Nick was a real person, as well, as you probably know), the others are fictional, fun characters. It is our opinion (and a pastor helped put this in perspective for us a few yrs. ago) that if you're sort of putting all of those on the same plane, so to speak, then when your kids finally figure out that Santa isn't real, will they wonder if what they've been learning about Jesus is all just a made-up story, too? Hopefully that makes sense. This is not to say we have no fun around our house...we do stockings, we hunt for Easter eggs, I put money under the kids' pillows when they lose a tooth...but we just don't get into elaborate tales about these fantasy characters. As I said, this is just our perspective, and I know there are many Christian parents who probably see it a different way (and that's fine), but this has worked for us.

Love the pics of Emma!

kt said...

Thanks for your input...I really appreciate it!