Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Checking In with the Struckman's

Its been really hard lately to find time to sit and blog, and quite frankly, I haven't had much desire to be on my computer. But in order to keep the grandparents happy, here are some pictures and a quick update!
This weekend we accomplished more things on our to-do list, and also added to it! Yikes!
Saturday, Shane put together our nightstands and I started painting them. I am painting them the dark brown of our room, and have 1 more coat (I hope) left to go. We should be able to hang them this weekend.
I also converted 4 of Shane's long sleeve work shirts that were wearing thin in the elbows to short sleeves...he is very happy about that. We also went to look at new cell phones (blah!). My phone won't charge anymore cuz a piece broke off, so we have been charging my battery in Shane's phone. Our phones have lasted us over 2 1/2 years. I of course would like to get a phone with the internet (its a want not a need) therefore, my hubby says nay! But we checked out prices at iwireless and we can get the internet and enough voice minutes for $10.00 cheaper than our regular plan with Verizon Wireless! Our hesitation you ask...well, we have had no probs with Verizon Wireless cell service and are leary about switching companies. So if anybody has iwireless and can provide us with some feedback, we would love to hear some. Also, iwireless carries the Blackberry Flip (I have to have a flip phone), but I was not overly impressed with it, so I could use some feedback on that as well. I would be happy with just getting a phone with Wi-Fi, but Verizon Wireless disables that function on the phones that have it.
Moving on, I know we got a bunch more done this weekend, but I seriously cannot remember without looking at the list, and well, that would require getting up, so not gonna happen! Therefore, I will just move on to pictures!


Emma being cheesy!




Isn't this just the cutest summer outfit? Gotta love Target!

'Oh, my nose itches'

This was Emma's Sunday outfit...Aunt Heather and Uncle Jon, be sure to take notice of her cute shoes!

Emma is fasinated with my sewing fabric tape measure...maybe she will take after her mommy.
(She is just as fasinated with her daddy's tape measure though too!)




Emma's cute shoes

Today we had Lynette, Alaina and Emmy over for a playdate:

Emma and Emmy

Alaina

Me with all the girls

Emma chowin' down on some puffs

She couldn't get the puffs in her mouth fast enough, so she decided to just pick the bowl up and pour them into her mouth...talk about impressive problem solving skills!

Tomorrow we go for Emma's 9 month checkup...I will post her new stats then!
Until then, Goodnight!

1 comment:

Hughes' said...

Hey- I was so thankful to see a post!! I'd personally like a picture update daily! :) She looks so adorable in everything but I did especially like that summer outfit too! And the shoes were so cute. Her hair is getting SO long. What a lucky girl! Sorry I can't be of much help on the phone info- I hate getting new phones too! It can never just be simple. Glad to hear you had another productive weekend.... geez Kate... it's almost as if you're going into another "nesting" mode with this checklist!?!?!?!?!? :) LOVE YOU!