Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yes, that really is a braid!


Emma and I were playing on the floor last night and I thought I would see if her hair was long enough to braid, and sure enough it is! I can't believe I can actually braid my 9 month old's hair! It still amazes me that God blessed her w/ a head full of beautiful, dark hair!





So, I tackled the shirt I was wanting to make today. I've been wanting to learn more about actual garment construction and I don't know how or where I can do that around here, so I guess I will just have to do trial and error on my own. Here is the finished result. I am very pleased with it! I did a lot of praying during this project...I didn't want to go to all that work and end up with something that I didn't like. You will have to excuse the way I look in the pictures, I have no make-up on and I didn't do my hair today (such is life for a stay-at-home mom!)
The shirt looked a little too much like a maternity shirt, so I also threw together a little tie belt to go with it.

The cost of the shirt was around $20.00 for fabric, bias tape and the pattern, so no its not really cheaper to make your own clothes, but it was fun! And Shane liked it, too!

1 comment:

z said...

so cute! you are seriously talented!