Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there...especially to my hubby and my dad!
I was pretty excited to give Shane his gift (its nothing extravagant, so you probably won't be impressed), but nonetheless, I thought it was the perfect gift, and I think Shane would agree.
Keep reading if you want to find out what it is...
I was pretty excited to give Shane his gift (its nothing extravagant, so you probably won't be impressed), but nonetheless, I thought it was the perfect gift, and I think Shane would agree.
Keep reading if you want to find out what it is...
We woke early this morning (not by our own free will...but b/c Emma likes early mornings)As you can see, she is much more chipper than we are in the mornings (that is her cheesy smile if you can't tell)
Well, you see, Shane came bringing me his screwdriver bag weeks ago and asked me if sometime I could make him a new bag for it b/c it had ripped and no longer really held them.
So I hunted thru my fabric stash and came up with some heavy denim, and made him a handy bag to hold his screw drivers.
They all fit! I even put a nice magnetic snap on it and reinforced the bottom so that over time the screwdrivers won't rip the bag!
And any of you that know my husband, know he only likes vertical stripes...so I made the bag so the stripes were vertical (I'm such a thoughtful wife!ha!).
And it fits perfectly in his tool bag.Shane really likes his gift...and even said it was 'perfect' and thought the fabric was cool. And to top it off, it didn't cost a cent, so he definitely loved that! He also asked if I had more of that fabric and is thinking up more things I can make for him. I told him I have at least 3 yards of it (that could make a lot of stuff)!
*and yes, Shane thought it was weird that I was documenting all of it...but I thought it would make a fun post!





2 comments:
Your gift turned out great! What a gift you have. I'm thinking you could make an entire tool belt- one more thing to add to your list of things you can make. What shall we name your line?!?! :) Miss you guys!
You were right it did make a fun post! Great gift!
Post a Comment