Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bree's 6 Month Check-up

Little Miss Bree Scarlet turned 6 months on June 2nd, 2011!
Wow, 6 months has flown by! We had Bree's checkup June 8th, here are her latest stats:
Weight: 15lbs 13oz
Height: 24.5 inches long

Emma at 6 months was 17lbs 5 oz and 26 inches long. Bree is definitely more mobile than what Emma was at this age. I will put Bree on the floor and turn around for 2 seconds and she is never where I left her!!! She gets around by army crawling and rolling. She is sitting up now and loves to play with her toys. Bree LOVES her big sister and Emma can get her to giggle often, and Bree is always watching her and listening to her intently. Bree is a very curious but mellow baby. She is such a good baby. She definitely loves her mom! She loves to cuddle with me, and loves to give me kisses and nuzzle her head in my shoulder and act like she is giving me hugs. We enjoy our one-on-one time when Emma is asleep.
Bree talks alot and loves to be talked to. I was worried maybe she wouldn't talk as much with Emma always jabbering, but so far that hasn't stopped her. She is making the sound for 'mum mum' which I love and I know soon that that sound will be for me. Bree has such a big and bright smile and all you have to do is smile to get her to smile back at you! She loves her daddy and is quite intrigued with his deep sounding voice and dark features. If she can hear her daddy, then she is searching the room to find him. Dad is often a distraction when nursing Bree in bed just because she always wants to turn just to make sure he is there.
I am still breast feeding, 6 months and going strong! Bree still nurses about 7-8 times a day and has 2 meals of solids. So far Bree is eating oatmeal, yogurt, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and apples (she doesn't really care for those tho, but she loves everything else) and I have made everything except the oatmeal and yogurt. I plan to make up some more fruits for her, especially since peaches, etc are starting to come in season, and we are going to try bananas and avocado soon. I wish I would have made Emma her first foods too, because it is so much cheaper, healthier and tastier!
Bree is sleeping well too, anywhere from 7 to 9 hours a night, and a couple of naps during the day. She really only gets fussy when she is hungry. She is now wearing mostly 6 months clothes.
Bree's hair is getting thicker and much darker, I think she will have dark hair like Emma and I. Her eyes are still a beautiful blue/gray. She just has the sweetest disposition! Bree also just had her first tooth break through on June 12th and her second broke through 2 days later...they are her bottom front teeth.
Bree is such a joy and we love having a baby in the house again!!! Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!

Emma & Bree after church one Sunday

Emma ironing like mommy



Emma dancing

Bree playing on the floor





Emma napping on the chair


I have a picture of Emma in this same outfit...I will post some new comparison pictures of the girls someday soon!


Bree helping mom make breakfast burritos


Bella enjoys the princess castle too! any time we are in it, she has to come in too!




Emma dancing again...



Emma showing off her pink fingernails! She was pretty excited to have to her nails painted for the first time!

No comments: