Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Washers Really Do Eat Socks...

So a few weeks back (I am so behind on blogging), Shane dashed my hopes of a beautiful new front loader washer and dryer set...you know, like the kind that you can get in pretty colors!

It started on a Friday afternoon...I washed one load of clothes and put them in the dryer and then started a load of towels. A while later I go back to switch out the laundry to find the washer stopped mid cycle. It isn't that unusual, it seems to blow the little ground fault button on the outlet occasionally, so I went to push the button back in, only to realize that the button was still pushed in. I was confused, so I played with the knobs on the washer...still nothing. The washer was full of soapy water and towels and I had another 3+ loads of laundry to do! I called Shane to inform him of his latest 'fix it' project. So the following is what Shane did on Saturday afternoon:

He took my washer completely apart!
I only freak out a little nowadays when I see my appliances, etc in numerous parts scattered about the floor...my husband has instilled confidence in me that he can put things back together and in working order for that matter! (which is also why I don't have a nice flat screen hanging on my wall...cuz he fixed the old tv too back in December! ha!)

And here was the diagnosis...the washer ate Emma's favorite sock, well choked trying to is more like it!
The irony of it is, Shane never believed me that the washer ate socks...well this proved me right!
I lost this sock probably 2 weeks before hand, so I had done several loads of laundry.
Bree hanging out on the floor while working on the washer, this was her reaction to the discovery!

"well mom, I guess you don't get a new washer/dryer"

If you are asking yourself, why would she need a new washer AND dryer if just the washer broke...well, they would have to match, otherwise it would drive me nuts! But the dream of a pretty new washer and dryer remains a dream...for now that is!



No comments: