On Friday, May 13th, we headed to Lincoln/Gretna for the weekend. Shane took a half day off so that we could get there at a decent time. The girls and I met my mom, my sister Britni and nieces, Zoe and Haley at a hotel for the night. It was spur of the moment planning on their part, they decided the night before to make the trip down so my sister could meet Bree for the first time, so I called around and booked us a 2 room suite and we all crashed together. As soon as we got to Lincoln, Shane helped me carry stuff into the hotel, then took off to meet up with his brother, Tanner and some family and friends for Tanner's bachelor party.
All the girls enjoyed some much needed cousin time, while my mom, sister and I were able to chat some. The girls had fun playing in the tub together and attempted to sleep in one bed together, but they just couldn't seem to settle down, so Brit slept with her girls, while Emma crashed with my mom and I.
Saturday morning, I woke up with a migraine and threw up. I had been fighting them the last several weeks and we were suppose to stop at my chiro's on our way to Lincoln on Friday, but didn't have enough time (he lives an hour away from me). Shane came back to the hotel around noon and helped us load up and then we all ate lunch together before we had to say our good byes. It was a short trip, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time together!
After lunch Shane and I and the girls headed over to visit our friends Jon and Kristin and their little girl Lizzy, then we stopped at the hospital to see Shane's grandma Phyllis who was recovering from a heart attack she had a few nights before.
After leaving the hospital we headed to Gretna to Shane's sister Lindsey's house. She was having a family BBQ in honor of our new nephew Ryler's baptism the next day. Emma had a blast with her cousins Mady and Parker. It was also much of Shane's family first time meeting Bree. After supper, I spent the rest of the evening in a cool, dark room trying to sleep off my migraine.
Then next day, I was still not better so Bree and I stayed home, while everyone else went to Ryler's baptism and out to eat. Around 3 pm, we finally loaded up and headed back to Iowa. I did all the driving and was still nauseous!!! It was by the grace of God I made it home. We had a good weekend with our families and made the best of it despite the migraine.
Shane ended up having to take Monday off from work because I woke up feeling worse and needed help taking care of the girls.
Well that was our weekend in a nutshell, here are the few pictures I managed to take:
Me and my sister with our girls.I think this picture is funny how it shows Haley's bubble and Emma's non-existent bubble (look at Emma hugging Haley!)













No comments:
Post a Comment