Thursday, June 02, 2011

Memorial Weekend 2011

Our Memorial weekend was packed full!
We started the weekend off with a date night for Shane and I! I don't think Shane and I have had a date night since before Emma was born...and well, I don't know if it completely counts because we did take Bree. Our friend and one of Emma's favorite people, Teresa, came and watched Emma while Shane and I went to the drive-in for the first time. On my way home from a playdate last week I had driven by the drive-in theater and thought "thats how I can see the new Pirates movie!" (I love those movies) I really wanted to see it, but am still breast feeding Bree, and the one time we attempted to go to a movie when Emma was a baby didn't turn out well at all!
So Shane and I headed to the drive-in around 7:30pm (its about a 15-20 minute drive). I packed popcorn and snacks. I didn't know what to expect in terms of how crowded it would be, but it turned out to be a pretty quiet night and by the time the movie started at 8:45pm there was only around 15 cars. We and one other car were the only ones in the front row. Bree was so good during the entire thing. She sat in my lap and played with some toys, chatted a little, ate some and napped. We got home around 11:30pm. It was a great night!
Saturday, Emma woke us all up at 6:30am, so we all decided to just get up. The plan was to get started on our garage. It is pretty much the last project on our to-do list for this house. We borrowed a pick-up (a pretty sweet orange one at that!) and made 1 trip to the dump and 2 to Menards to pick up all of our supplies. We put in a full day on Saturday.
Sunday, we went to church and small group and continued to work on the garage in the afternoon.
Monday we spent another full day working on the garage. I wasn't able to spend as much time outside helping Shane because it got to 90 and we didn't want Bree out in it, plus she was fussy that day...and I still have to keep the house running with laundry, cooking and cleaning up mud and dirt that was continuously tracked in.
Here are some pictures from our weekend:

Bree hanging out in the stroller...
I had to put a fan on her to keep the gnats away


Emma standing next to 'Wally"...the neighbors face on their tree, Emma has taken quite a liking to it and has named it! She always has to visit it when outside! Our neighbor on the other side of us also has a face on one of their trees and she has named it "Wallette" and says they are married! She loves a good love story!

Emma watching Daddy work on the garage

We tore off a back piece off the garage that the previous owners had added as an afterthought for more storage in the garage, but was of no use to us and was rotting and full of ant nests, plus having it gone will make siding it a bit easier.





The sweet truck (1975 Chevy Silverado) our friends loaned us. I will admit it, I thought my hubby was incredibly sexy driving this!!! I told our friends that if they ever want to sell it, give us a call!


Shane working on building a wall and covering the hole up


Bree playing Monday morning before we headed out to help Shane




Hanging out outside!





Emma was entertained just playing with water and flower pots!

My sexy hubby...I love my man working hard, getting sweaty and with scruff on his face!

Be sure to keep scrolling down because I posted a couple of other posts right before this one.

No comments: