This weekend Shane and I did achieve one goal...to get our custom, padded headboard done (it was more my goal than his!) We picked up the rest of what we needed on Saturday and put it all together late Sunday afternoon. It was getting late, but I asked Shane if we could still hang it, and he was nice enough to stay up until 11:30pm to get the job done. It required taking down the bed and moving it (which can be quite the chore when the bed is on risers, and the pregnant woman can't lift much!) But in the end, I am very happy with the results! I also requested 2 custom nite stands as well...so hopefully Shane will be able to make those before the baby comes! He still needs to shurewall the basement...which is gonna be quite the project, before the baby comes!

Below are some pics of the cute sleepers and blanket I couldn't pass up at Farm & Fleet today! All Carter's stuff was 33% off!
Another cute sleeperBelow are a few pics of Lindsey's wedding flowers that I finished up this weekend. I had 4 bridesmaids bouquets to do, 1 flowerball for the flowergirl, and a throw-bouquet for the bouquet toss.
Toss bouquetAlso, on Sunday our small group volunteered to help in KidZone at church. We worked in the 4, 5, and pre-k age group. It was pretty funny to see all the kids interact. I had some serious competition with this one little girl named Bella (who we have never met before in our lives) came up to Shane and just wanted to hang on him and have him hold her. I don't think he was quite sure how to handle it. She just constantly smiled and laughed at him. I also had one girl come up to me, and pull up the back of her shirt and said 'see my bug bite', and then skipped away! We were definitely tired when we got home from church. I have a great sense of respect and appreciate for those who worked KidZone every weekend throughout the year!



No comments:
Post a Comment