Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Emma Pics...

Today Emma, Mom and I went to get mom's haircut. I had to breastfeed for the first time in public...the girls at the hair salon were awesome though and offered me their massage room for some privacy! And of course, Emma got ooooed and aahhhed over! Everyone loves her hair!

Shane also took me to my doctor's appointment at 2:30pm. After speaking with the hospital nurse that called yesterday for a follow-up, she thought it would be best that I go see my doctor this week, instead of waiting til next week which is the norm.
My hematoma has really been bothering me and I haven't made much progress in the pain department. My doctor checked it and said it has started to heal, but to expect it to take a while to heal...like weeks and in worse case scenario, months! She wants to see me back in 3 weeks.

Monday, Shane and I took Emma to her newborn check-up. She was 6 lbs 11.2 oz when she was born, and she weighed 6lbs 12oz at her appointment, so the pediatrician was happy to see that she hadn't lost weight...its because she is such a good nurser! I also had thought she looked a little jaundice, and the pediatrician agreed, so she had us take Emma to the hospital for blood work (I don't know who it was harder on, me or Emma)! Turns out her levels though were only 11.9, so we don't have to worry about that! And the yellowing is already disappearing. As soon as I had noticed her yellowing , I had been putting her in some sunlight, so I think that helped.

Below are some pics...

This is from Tuesday, Shane's first day back to work...I took this on his lunch break. He ate his lunch and then had some good cuddle time with Emma before he had to go back to work.

Emma resting peacefully in her daddy's arms.

Nana and Emma

Getting ready to go out on our first outing.

Emma with one of her roses.

Me and Emma getting ready for bed.

Emma always has her hands like this!

Emma's cheeks keep getting chubbier!

Chillin' in the boppy




2 comments:

Hughes' said...

I'm so glad your so good at posting pics! Keep them coming b/c they make my day! I just can't believe how much she is changing every post! I see her mom is having fun with all those clothes! :) She's so beautiful!

Ethan and Tracy Mann said...

Taya has those same heart pj's!