Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Baby Update...

Today, Shane and I had our 40 week prenatal appointment, technically I am not 40 weeks until Friday.
My dad brought my mom out here this weekend, so she got to go with us.
I have been having a constant drip of clear fluid since yesterday, so my doctor double checked to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid (which it was not), and did an ultrasound to check my fluid levels again. Which were still the same as my last ultrasound.
My doctor also checked me, she said I am now dilated 2-3cm and 70% effaced. So still making progress. She also stripped my membranes (so my mom and Shane got to be in the room for that very painful experience...I usually can keep pretty composed during pain, but it hurt so bad, I couldn't keep back 'oh sh**'!) I wasn't expecting her to do that, and she didn't tell me before she did!
Anyway, stripping the membranes is suppose to help jump start labor, and my doctor said that by doing it, I have a 25-30% chance of going into labor in the next 24-48 hours...so it won't necessarily work! So I am not gonna get my hopes up!

Mom and I have been busy cooking meals to put in the freezer. While dad was still here, we went and got a small chest freezer for the basement. Mom and I have made 2 batches of Chicken Noodle Soup, 4 Batches of Unstuffed Pepper Soup, and 1 batch of Chili...so that gave me 9 meals for Shane and I, and 12 individual servings to have for like lunches and stuff! Mom has been a big help! We also made 2 loaves of zucchini bread, and will probably do 4 more to freeze!

Well, thats about all for now! We had a relaxing weekend, and of course, Shane was happy the Huskers won!

1 comment:

Sweetypopmom said...

Hi Katie,
Glad to hear that you are progressing well. I had my membranes stripped with Tay and I was admitted to the hospital that night. I was having contractions before my appointment, but who knows, maybe this will be the little push baby Emma needs to make her entrance to the world. I will keep you in my prayers. Best of luck with everything!