As you can see, Emma is gonna be a Mermaid for halloween!
I put her in the costume and she instantly starting smiling and cooing! She must be happy with her mommy's choice, which I am not surprised, she loves bath time! It was either a mermaid or a whoopie cushion (also fitting)!
We will be spending halloween in Lincoln, NE. Shane is taking Friday off and we are heading that way to see his sisters and brother, and my mom and sister w/ her girls will be driving up to meet us! We are also hoping to stop in and see my cousin Tracy and meet her new baby, Taya!
I put her in the costume and she instantly starting smiling and cooing! She must be happy with her mommy's choice, which I am not surprised, she loves bath time! It was either a mermaid or a whoopie cushion (also fitting)!
We will be spending halloween in Lincoln, NE. Shane is taking Friday off and we are heading that way to see his sisters and brother, and my mom and sister w/ her girls will be driving up to meet us! We are also hoping to stop in and see my cousin Tracy and meet her new baby, Taya!

This picture is for my Gramma Cena. I told her I would post a picture of the cake recipe she gave me! I made it for Bible study last night. The cake actually made it out of the bundt pan whole!All in all, we had a pretty good week! Emma slept well thru the nights. Last night, she woke up at 4:40am though and was ready to eat, then went back down until 8:30am. I had my last post-partum check-up yesterday. Doctor said everything looks like it healed nicely. I still experience some sharp pains where my hematoma was, and if in a few months I still do, she said she can send me to someone to get a steroid shot down there and that usually takes care of it. I also got my flu shot...which for those of you that know me well...if there can be side effects, I am gonna experience them! I didn't feel well a few hours after my shot, and this morning I woke up with terrible body aches and headache! And my left arm kills, which is the arm where I got the shot! This was my first time getting one, and they say you are more likely to experience side effects the first time...so maybe next year will be better.
I am hoping to feel better tomorrow, so we can make it to church!
The thing Shane and I noticed most this week with Emma, is that she really knows who I am! And definitely knows when its not me holding her! She is also making eye contact for longer periods of time! And her personality just keeps getting sweetier and sweetier!
Well, thats all for tonight! I will probably have pictures to share tomorrow if we make it to church of Emma in a new outfit! Our friends, the Eberhards, who are in our Bible study, got her this really cute outfit. I washed it today, so she can wear it to church tomorrow!
(I wonder if Taya has the same one! It's been really funny...my cousin Tracy and I keep noticing stuff in the pictures we post that both Taya and Emma have!
Tracy - Emma has that same frog rattle from your last post! Did Aunt Sara get it for Taya? Thats where Emma got hers!)

2 comments:
That's too cute and what a coincidence, Taylor is going to be the Little Mermaid, Ariel this year for Halloween. I can't believe how well she is filling out, but that's the way it is with breastfed babies, they fill out so well. Both my kids were chunks and Taylor is still holding onto some of hers. You have to bring Emma in to the office in her costume on Thursday so we can get pictures..if you have time. Have fun and travel safe. So exciting, Emma's first Halloween!! I love all the pictures, you can never take enough pictures of your babies.
Hey, I'm a friend of Missy's, and I like to look at your blog occasionally (they call that stalking, don't they? :-) Anyway, I just have to say that Emma is about the cutest baby ever! I wish I could reach into the computer and hold her :) She sure looks like you!
Post a Comment