We had a good weekend...or at least I would say that, can't say for sure for Shane since our Saturday involved shopping ALL day! We were up and ready to leave the house by 9 am...had to get an early start, and we managed to make it to every place and see a movie (more on the movie later). All the places we hit were:
Emma playing w/ Bella
Carter's Outlet (yes, I only went into that store at the outlet mall...otherwise we would have been there all day!) - New pj's were on our list for Emma (we are getting into the sizes I don't have much of), so she scored some cute new jammies as well as some other cute stuff! I could have bought 3 times of what I did!
Common Threads in North Liberty - They are one of the few stores around here that carry Amy Butler fabric, which I love! I picked me up some patterns the other day to try making a shirt, so I wanted a cute print to use. When we got there, turns out the store was having an 'Amy Butler Trunk Show'...so cool, plus all Amy Butler fabrics were 15% off (which was great, b/c its pricey).
Stuff, Etc. - Its a consignment store...I needed to hunt for jeans for diaper bags and I scored 5 pairs.
Target - Wanted to pick up some of their diapers to try, got more clothes for Emma, and a few other things
Best Buy - To look at the Ipod Touch
Went to movie 'Up' - Emma was in need of a nap, but wouldn't fall asleep, so her and I only lasted about 15 minutes. Shane stayed for the rest of it, so Emma and I went to Hobby Lobby, Emma was asleep by the time I pulled out of the parking lot!
Hobby Lobby - I needed to pick up the remaining flowers that I needed for Codi's wedding...but of course they didnt have all I needed...so will have to try the QC this weekend when we go to the zoo. I got done there in perfect time to pick up Shane.
Iwireless - We went to check out the Blackberry Flip to see if I would like it (the one in Muscatine didn't have one that you could turn on and try out). Still wasn't impressed, so we are still undecided on phones.
Lowe's - I wanted to see what they had for tile for my kitchen countertops and Shane needed to at least see a tool on this shopping trip!
Common Threads in North Liberty - They are one of the few stores around here that carry Amy Butler fabric, which I love! I picked me up some patterns the other day to try making a shirt, so I wanted a cute print to use. When we got there, turns out the store was having an 'Amy Butler Trunk Show'...so cool, plus all Amy Butler fabrics were 15% off (which was great, b/c its pricey).
Stuff, Etc. - Its a consignment store...I needed to hunt for jeans for diaper bags and I scored 5 pairs.
Target - Wanted to pick up some of their diapers to try, got more clothes for Emma, and a few other things
Best Buy - To look at the Ipod Touch
Went to movie 'Up' - Emma was in need of a nap, but wouldn't fall asleep, so her and I only lasted about 15 minutes. Shane stayed for the rest of it, so Emma and I went to Hobby Lobby, Emma was asleep by the time I pulled out of the parking lot!
Hobby Lobby - I needed to pick up the remaining flowers that I needed for Codi's wedding...but of course they didnt have all I needed...so will have to try the QC this weekend when we go to the zoo. I got done there in perfect time to pick up Shane.
Iwireless - We went to check out the Blackberry Flip to see if I would like it (the one in Muscatine didn't have one that you could turn on and try out). Still wasn't impressed, so we are still undecided on phones.
Lowe's - I wanted to see what they had for tile for my kitchen countertops and Shane needed to at least see a tool on this shopping trip!
We got home at 7pm. Emma did great the entire day, and Shane did too (we prayed for him an enthusiastic attitude the night before!)
Sunday we went to church and then to a BBQ for Shane's Top Gun graduation. He is now done with that. It was a big commitment on his part and God has really blessed him for it. I have seen him grow so much in his personal relationship with Christ, as well as the husband and father God calls him to be.
I also can't forget, Friday night, Shane hung my new bedside shelves! Yeah! They are great! I will post pictures once I make mats for them and get matching lamps! It is soo nice to not have to use my pillow to go searching for a kleenex or my phone! ha!
Sunday we went to church and then to a BBQ for Shane's Top Gun graduation. He is now done with that. It was a big commitment on his part and God has really blessed him for it. I have seen him grow so much in his personal relationship with Christ, as well as the husband and father God calls him to be.
I also can't forget, Friday night, Shane hung my new bedside shelves! Yeah! They are great! I will post pictures once I make mats for them and get matching lamps! It is soo nice to not have to use my pillow to go searching for a kleenex or my phone! ha!
Here are some pictures from the past week:
Emma playing w/ Bella






We have a busy week ahead...I worked on flowers all day today. I hope to make my shirt. Emma starts swim lessons tomorrow. I am waiting on fabric for the next diaper bag I am making and then will start cutting everything for it. Thursday morning I have bible study. Friday night is our monthly bible study (and our 5 year wedding anniversary!!!). Saturday, we are going to take Emma to the zoo in Moline. Sunday is church and Tanner and Krista will be arriving to stay with us for a few days (so sometime this week I need to clean...anyone want to volunteer?)











2 comments:
Hi KT!
I love all of the pictures of Emma! I just want to nibble on her cheeks. My favorite of this bunch in the Coca-Cola Model.
Maybe when Brenda is completely done with school we can all go to Las Lomas for lunch on a Thursday. She asked if I had seen you and Emma lately. I said just the last time you were in on a Thursday.
Keep the cute photos coming.
The pictures are adorable! I wish I was as trendy and efficient as you are with your shopping! What a productive weekend! Katie you look so good! Your hair is really getting long. I like it. I hope swimming went well. Miss you guys! LOVE J&H
Post a Comment