We enjoyed our weekend at the Struckman household. It was a good mix of relaxing, fun and productiveness! Saturday, Shane and I both did lots of stuff around the house. I was able to get some sewing down...worked on the boy quilt for the diaper bag, and completed the blanket for Emma's doll cradle (that Shane is making her for Christmas) and I got the pillow form done, but still need to make the pillow cover for it. Shane did lots of little things that needed done, like tighten table and chair legs, covered Emma's chair with clear vinyl, WD-40 the front door lock and handle (it was really hard to lock and unlock), disposed of our pumpkins, got his plans and list of materials made for Emma's cradle, among other things. And Emma played and played around us while we worked. Shane also got some football watching in and I took a nice nap in the afternoon! Saturday evening we had Bible study (which was at the same time that the Nebraska game started, so Shane recorded it while we were gone and listened to it when we got home). After we put Emma to bed, we laid out all of my picture frames to figure out how to put together my collage of frames I want to do on my dining room wall. I then made my list of places we needed to go on Sunday.
I didn't sleep well at all Saturday night, so we didn't make it up soon enough to go to church. We got around and headed the QC to hit several places. We stopped at Michaels and exchanged some picture frames and picked up a few more to finish out my collage of frames. We then headed to Home Depot to check their Christmas trees and lumber. They had a tree I liked and seen on their website, but were out of stock...which was fine, I really just wanted to see what it looked like in person before I bought it, and so I ordered it last night off their website and got free shipping, so didn't cost me any extra (actually less, cuz i had a coupon code, plus i don't have to figure out where to put it in the house for the next 2 weeks til we put it up). We then stopped at Carlos O'Kellys and ate lunch, then went to Lowes where Shane picked up the lumber he needed for Emma's doll cradle. We then parked between Kohl's and Target...Emma and Shane stayed in the van while i returned a few things in Kohl's, then we all went into Target to look for Christmas decorations....unfortunately, they didn't have all the ones i saw at the Target i had went to earlier in the week, so we headed up to the other Target (but first I got a starbucks coffee!) Emma and I went in a picked out Christmas decorations, while I let Shane stay in the car and listen to football (aren't I nice? ha) By the time we were done it was 4pm and we headed home. Emma was thrilled to come home with a new wood bird house from Michaels that has doors that open (was $3.00) and a new pair of pink boots!
Our evening was pretty low key...I heated up leftover green pepper steak for supper and we relaxed. After Emma went to bed, i put the boy quilt together and pinned it and even got it quilted before i finally went to bed!
Emma was up before 5:30am this morning, so while she played, I vacuumed and picked up stuff around the house and finished the boy quilt! Now, I am off to get ready for my OB appointment at 11:30am, will update again when we get home!
I will leave you with these pics:






No comments:
Post a Comment