Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend...

We had a good Thanksgiving weekend. It was a good mixture of relaxing and getting things crossed off our list. Here is a run down of what we did over the weekend.

Wednesday morning I made a double batch of breakfast burritos to freeze. And then in the afternoon, we had the carpets cleaned, and while that was being done, Emma and I made a macaroni salad and cut up relishes and made dip to munch on during the weekend. In the evening we had to put the house back together!

Thursday we slept in. Then Shane and I tackled a double batch of runzas to freeze. You use a hot roll mix to make the dough...so its like making bread from scratch and a lot of work and standing, so Shane thankfully was up for helping me. We then enjoyed some runzas, macaroni salad and relishes for lunch. After lunch, Emma and I worked on putting up our new Christmas tree! (pictures below) Emma was quite ecstatic to have a Christmas tree, she even has her 'own' little tree in her room! We also put my nativity scene. For supper we had a rotisserie chicken from hyvee, stuffing, gravy, baked potato and yam, and apple pie (I wasn't gonna make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for just us!)

Friday, we had plans to take Emma to the festival of trees in the QC and eat Red Lobster, but after the night that we had with Emma waking up from at 1:30 am and staying awake til 5:30am, and I wasn't feeling well, we weren't up for it...plus Emma then slept til noon! Instead, we picked up around the house, and I mopped the bathroom and kitchen floors...which completed my list of cleaning and the house looks fantastic! I also put chili in the crock pot. We watched the Nebraska game and relaxed and waited for my parents to arrive. My mom and dad arrived around 6:30pm and Emma was sooo happy to see them! We spent the evening having supper and playing with Emma. After I put Emma to bed, my mom and I made a late night run to hyvee to pick up stuff to freeze meals the next day.

Saturday, Nana and Papa played with Emma. My dad headed back home around noon. My mom is now here to stay until shortly after my b-day, which is 12/14. I made 3 batches of unstuffed pepper soup and a casserole to freeze. I really don't remember much else from the day...ha!

Sunday, we went to church, then headed to the QC and ate Red Lobster for lunch. We then went to the festival of trees so Emma could see all the lights...it was a really good day!

Below are some pictures from the weekend:

Emma putting decorations on the tree

I had to spread them out a bit after she went down for a nap ;)


Emma standing with her tree

Daddy and Emma putting hooks on the ornaments to hang

Emma dancing to our musical snowman...we have heard it sing countless times already!




Our new Christmas tree decorated and ready for our very first Christmas we are spending in Muscatine. It has one gift under it already...the first gift is always my niece, Maya's. It will be 5 years ago this year that she went to spend her first Christmas with Jesus, so I never got to give her her Christmas present, so I always put in out in her loving memory!
(Shane said my tree decorating even topped much of those at the festival of trees!)
Emma watching for Nana and Papa to arrive!
(you can see the big preggo belly in the reflection in the door)

Emma giving her Nana a welcoming hug!

Papa and Emma playing

Emma telling Papa 'bye bye'

Emma and Nana were playing that Emma was gonna have a baby too...this is her belly shot!

Emma is such a 'mini-me'!

Emma's 'captain jack sparrow' look!


Emma lounging in the laundry basket, watching a little Mickey Mouse, drinking some juice!




Hope you all had a very blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: