So, I have been in nesting mode all week and am getting lots done! Here is some of the stuff I have accomplished:
-Finished all diaper bags and all accessories for the girl and boy diaper bags!
(yes, I made one for each and put the names on the front, I wanted them to be personalized and figured I am only out a diaper bag if I never end of using one of them) I really like how they turned out and can't wait to find out which one I get to carry! a few pics below...but not of the front with the name, of course ;)!
Each set includes a diaper bag, receiving blanket, minky blanket, quilt, nursing clip, burp cloths and a doll for the girl and monkey for the boy.
-Finished Emma's doll cradle bedding (a little blanket and pillow)! I will post pictures of it once Shane has the cradle done.
-I got all my sewing stuff gone thru, sorted and packed up and moved upstairs to our large storage closet. It was kinda sad putting my sewing machine away.
-I spent all day Friday overhauling the office! Every cabinet and drawer was gone thru! I ended up with 1 large bag of trash, and shredded 3 buckets of paper! It looks awesome!
-Saturday, Shane hung my collage of frames on my dining room wall! I love how it turned out (pic below)! He does an awesome job and to perfection! I get confused with all the measurements and fractions...just another reason I am thankful to be married to an engineer! I also hung my vinyl sign I had made to go above it. And I worked on some Christmas gifts I am finishing up. We got pizza for supper and watched the Nebraska game.
My collage of frames...I only have 4 pictures so far. I needed to see what all frames I was going to end up with before I ordered more pictures, plus I will be leaving some blank to use for the new baby! I am also planning on putting 2 more 5X7 frames on each side, but Michaels only had 1 more, so once I get the other 3 bought, we will add them to the collage.
-Today, I cleaned EVERYTHING in the kitchen. Shane took down my dishes off the top of the cabinets, I washed all of them and wiped down the top of the cabinets. I also did the same with my shelves and pot rack. I cleaned out the frig and wiped it down, I even ran my self-cleaning oven for the first time ever and it looks awesome! I got my black cabinet dusted and drawers sorted thru. The only thing left to do is mop the floors and I will get to that when I clean the bathroom and will mop everything at once. I also got the carseat cushion and cradle swing cushion washed, and the carseat put back together and ready to go!
-Shane worked on putting together Emma's kitchen this weekend. He wanted to get it done, in case a part was missing or something broke while putting it together...very smart on his part, because he was in the final steps, putting on the oven door and the shelf inside the oven split. So he called Little Tikes and they are sending us a new one, free of charge! Next weekend he will start on Emma's cradle.
We have a very busy week ahead of us, thank goodness I put everything in my ipod, cuz I can hardly remember anything these days! Tomorrow, is our 38 week OB appointment. Tuesday, I have Bible study in the morning, and Emma and I have lunch with my friend Mora-Leigh. Wednesday, we possibly have a playdate in the morning and my carpets are getting cleaned at 1pm. For Thanksgiving day, I plan to freeze some meals and relax and enjoy playing with Emma and put up our Christmas tree! Friday, we hope to take Emma to the Festival of Trees in the QC and eat Red Lobster (I have been craving it all during my pregnancy...the commercials that are always on don't help!), and we will come home and watch the Nebraska game. My mom should be arriving Saturday or Sunday! I need to get my bags packed for the hospital and we will get out the baby gear! Then I guess, we wait for baby to make his/her arrival!
I will leave you with pictures of the diaper bags and accessories...you can let me know which one you see me carrying!
Girl:
minky blanket
(yes, I made one for each and put the names on the front, I wanted them to be personalized and figured I am only out a diaper bag if I never end of using one of them) I really like how they turned out and can't wait to find out which one I get to carry! a few pics below...but not of the front with the name, of course ;)!
Each set includes a diaper bag, receiving blanket, minky blanket, quilt, nursing clip, burp cloths and a doll for the girl and monkey for the boy.
-Finished Emma's doll cradle bedding (a little blanket and pillow)! I will post pictures of it once Shane has the cradle done.
-I got all my sewing stuff gone thru, sorted and packed up and moved upstairs to our large storage closet. It was kinda sad putting my sewing machine away.
-I spent all day Friday overhauling the office! Every cabinet and drawer was gone thru! I ended up with 1 large bag of trash, and shredded 3 buckets of paper! It looks awesome!
-Saturday, Shane hung my collage of frames on my dining room wall! I love how it turned out (pic below)! He does an awesome job and to perfection! I get confused with all the measurements and fractions...just another reason I am thankful to be married to an engineer! I also hung my vinyl sign I had made to go above it. And I worked on some Christmas gifts I am finishing up. We got pizza for supper and watched the Nebraska game.
My collage of frames...I only have 4 pictures so far. I needed to see what all frames I was going to end up with before I ordered more pictures, plus I will be leaving some blank to use for the new baby! I am also planning on putting 2 more 5X7 frames on each side, but Michaels only had 1 more, so once I get the other 3 bought, we will add them to the collage.-Today, I cleaned EVERYTHING in the kitchen. Shane took down my dishes off the top of the cabinets, I washed all of them and wiped down the top of the cabinets. I also did the same with my shelves and pot rack. I cleaned out the frig and wiped it down, I even ran my self-cleaning oven for the first time ever and it looks awesome! I got my black cabinet dusted and drawers sorted thru. The only thing left to do is mop the floors and I will get to that when I clean the bathroom and will mop everything at once. I also got the carseat cushion and cradle swing cushion washed, and the carseat put back together and ready to go!
-Shane worked on putting together Emma's kitchen this weekend. He wanted to get it done, in case a part was missing or something broke while putting it together...very smart on his part, because he was in the final steps, putting on the oven door and the shelf inside the oven split. So he called Little Tikes and they are sending us a new one, free of charge! Next weekend he will start on Emma's cradle.
We have a very busy week ahead of us, thank goodness I put everything in my ipod, cuz I can hardly remember anything these days! Tomorrow, is our 38 week OB appointment. Tuesday, I have Bible study in the morning, and Emma and I have lunch with my friend Mora-Leigh. Wednesday, we possibly have a playdate in the morning and my carpets are getting cleaned at 1pm. For Thanksgiving day, I plan to freeze some meals and relax and enjoy playing with Emma and put up our Christmas tree! Friday, we hope to take Emma to the Festival of Trees in the QC and eat Red Lobster (I have been craving it all during my pregnancy...the commercials that are always on don't help!), and we will come home and watch the Nebraska game. My mom should be arriving Saturday or Sunday! I need to get my bags packed for the hospital and we will get out the baby gear! Then I guess, we wait for baby to make his/her arrival!
I will leave you with pictures of the diaper bags and accessories...you can let me know which one you see me carrying!
Girl:
minky blanket
I didn't make this (tho, I want to learn to crochet some day!) I ordered it off etsy.com...isn't it adorable and ending up matching everything perfectly! I ordered one for the boy (a football looking hat) but it hasn't arrived yet.
Doll (still need a name for her...any suggestions?)These really are a nightmare to make and very time consuming...you could never pay me enough to make them to sell...but they are cute nonetheless. I really suck at embroidering on the faces tho. Emma loves her 'Sophie' doll I made her and I also made her a matching doll, but with a brown dress, so it will go with either the boy or girl diaper bag (the dolls and/or monkey will be Christmas gifts for Emma and the baby). I actually washed Sophie for the first time this week and was afraid it wouldn't wash well...but she looks brand new!
burp cloths...sure makes you hope your baby spits up so you can wipe his cute face with these!
minky blanket
meet L.J. the monkey!
quilt...I had such a hard time coming up with a design that I liked for this quilt.




No comments:
Post a Comment