Well, I have much to catch up on, and I am sure I won't remember all of the last 2 weeks, as we have either been sick or on the go.
Emma and I came down with a little something, and a few days later, Shane came down with it worse than what we had, so he was home from work Thursday, the 28th and Friday, the 29th. Unfortunately, on Friday, we received the news that Shane's grandpa, Louie, had past away. Sad news for all of us, but for grandpa Louie, we know that he is with Jesus now, so we rejoice for him.
On Saturday, Shane was beginning to feel better, but still took it easy. Emma and I attended Emma's first official friend birthday party, and she had a blast. She decorated a goodie bag, played games, went on a treasure hunt and had lunch and cupcakes. After the party, we came home and I put Emma down for a nap and started laundry and packing. After Emma woke up, it was time to dress her in her kitty costume and do a little trick-o-treating (Muscatine's designated time was 5pm-7pm on Saturday night). Emma loved it, and walked right up to the doors and said trick-or-treat and meowed for everyone...I thought she may be a little shy, but not at all!
Sunday morning, we loaded the Odyssey and headed west to attend grandpa Louie's funeral. We took it easy and stopped every couple of hours, since at this point I was 35 weeks pregnant. Emma traveled really well, and we arrived at my mom's in Roscoe around 9pm.
Monday, Emma and I were able to spend the day with my mom. We ate lunch in town with my gramma Cena, grandpa Bud, gramma Joyce, and Aunt Becky. My friends, Tonya and Codi, also came out to my mom's house for a visit! Shane spent the day helping his parents harvest corn.
Tuesday morning, we got up and loaded the Odyssey back up to make the 2 hour drive north to Alliance, NE where the funeral was. We stopped and said good-bye to my mom (she was working the election) and grabbed donuts.
We spent Tuesday afternoon visiting with Shane's family. That evening we attended the wake. Emma hadn't taken a nap that day and ended up falling asleep during it, and stayed asleep during the cookie/coffee time afterwords, and on the drive to the hotel. She woke up while I dressed her for bed and didn't even last 15 minutes and was back asleep with her butt in the air on the bed, so me and her just went to bed, while Shane hung out with his family.
Wednesday morning was the funeral and there was a lunch afterwords. It was a really nice service and you could tell that Shane's grandpa had many friends and was a man of faith.
By the afternoon, I was really not feeling well and having contractions, and by 2pm told Shane it was probably time we hit the road. We said our goodbyes and headed back to Roscoe. We picked up Bella and changed our clothes and hit the interstate. (My mom wasn't home, she had left earlier in the day for Omaha to take my grandpa Bud to a doctor appointment.) We made it to York, NE and decided to get a hotel room for the night (which was much harder than one would think!)
Thursday, we hit the road after some breakfast. We stopped in Omaha to see my mom, Aunt Becky, Aunt Teresa and Grandpa Bud and ate lunch with them. We then got back in the van to make the last 5 hours of our journey. Emma fell asleep after only a few minutes and ended up sleeping ALL the way home. I slept most of the way as well. We figured we would stop when she woke up, but since she never did, we pushed it and didn't stop once...big mistake! About 45 minutes from home my legs and feet started to hurt and I looked down and have never seen them so big in my life! We did get home at a decent time tho of 5:30pm. Emma started crying when we pulled in the driveway tho because it wasn't Nana's house :( I explained to her that we will see Nana very soon b/c she was coming to stay with us when the baby comes...that seems to pacify her. And of course, the first words out of her mouth when we walked in the door was "play blocks"!
Ever since we got home, I have been battling braxton hicks contractions and not feeling well. If I had been any further along in my pregnancy I don't think I would have been able to make the 1500+ mile trip!
Friday, Emma and I spent the day unpacking and catching up on laundry, while Shane had a very busy day at work.
Saturday morning, Shane headed to Ames to meet up with his brother, Tanner to attend the Nebraska vs. Iowa State game. After the game, he followed Tanner back to Humboldt and stayed the night there and got home around 1pm this afternoon. I think he had a fun time, but has lost his voice!
This weekend, I was able to get some work done on Christmas gifts I am making. I have to finish a few things and then am down to making matching quilts to match each of the diaper bags...which is one thing I was able to cross off my list before our trip to Nebraska! I have both the girl and boy diaper bags done, as well as, matching burp cloths, minky blankets, receiving blankets and nursing clips for each! I really loved how they turned out and am excited to 'find out' which one I will be getting to carry!
Well, that about wraps up the last 2 weeks. On the agenda for this week is our 36 week appointment tomorrow morning (I will post update afterwords, hopefully with news that the baby is head down!) I am hoping to make it to Bible study Tuesday morning. And then sometime this week, I would like to make a trip the QC to get my picture frames bought for the collage of frames I am doing on a wall in the dining room and some other stuff I need to finish sewing projects. One of the upcoming weekends, we need to find us a Christmas tree and decorations and keep crossing things off our list! This baby will be here before we know it! Emma and I are also trying to get lots of fun time in too!
Well, I have typed enough...so for your reward of reading all that, here are some pictures ;)
Emma and I came down with a little something, and a few days later, Shane came down with it worse than what we had, so he was home from work Thursday, the 28th and Friday, the 29th. Unfortunately, on Friday, we received the news that Shane's grandpa, Louie, had past away. Sad news for all of us, but for grandpa Louie, we know that he is with Jesus now, so we rejoice for him.
On Saturday, Shane was beginning to feel better, but still took it easy. Emma and I attended Emma's first official friend birthday party, and she had a blast. She decorated a goodie bag, played games, went on a treasure hunt and had lunch and cupcakes. After the party, we came home and I put Emma down for a nap and started laundry and packing. After Emma woke up, it was time to dress her in her kitty costume and do a little trick-o-treating (Muscatine's designated time was 5pm-7pm on Saturday night). Emma loved it, and walked right up to the doors and said trick-or-treat and meowed for everyone...I thought she may be a little shy, but not at all!
Sunday morning, we loaded the Odyssey and headed west to attend grandpa Louie's funeral. We took it easy and stopped every couple of hours, since at this point I was 35 weeks pregnant. Emma traveled really well, and we arrived at my mom's in Roscoe around 9pm.
Monday, Emma and I were able to spend the day with my mom. We ate lunch in town with my gramma Cena, grandpa Bud, gramma Joyce, and Aunt Becky. My friends, Tonya and Codi, also came out to my mom's house for a visit! Shane spent the day helping his parents harvest corn.
Tuesday morning, we got up and loaded the Odyssey back up to make the 2 hour drive north to Alliance, NE where the funeral was. We stopped and said good-bye to my mom (she was working the election) and grabbed donuts.
We spent Tuesday afternoon visiting with Shane's family. That evening we attended the wake. Emma hadn't taken a nap that day and ended up falling asleep during it, and stayed asleep during the cookie/coffee time afterwords, and on the drive to the hotel. She woke up while I dressed her for bed and didn't even last 15 minutes and was back asleep with her butt in the air on the bed, so me and her just went to bed, while Shane hung out with his family.
Wednesday morning was the funeral and there was a lunch afterwords. It was a really nice service and you could tell that Shane's grandpa had many friends and was a man of faith.
By the afternoon, I was really not feeling well and having contractions, and by 2pm told Shane it was probably time we hit the road. We said our goodbyes and headed back to Roscoe. We picked up Bella and changed our clothes and hit the interstate. (My mom wasn't home, she had left earlier in the day for Omaha to take my grandpa Bud to a doctor appointment.) We made it to York, NE and decided to get a hotel room for the night (which was much harder than one would think!)
Thursday, we hit the road after some breakfast. We stopped in Omaha to see my mom, Aunt Becky, Aunt Teresa and Grandpa Bud and ate lunch with them. We then got back in the van to make the last 5 hours of our journey. Emma fell asleep after only a few minutes and ended up sleeping ALL the way home. I slept most of the way as well. We figured we would stop when she woke up, but since she never did, we pushed it and didn't stop once...big mistake! About 45 minutes from home my legs and feet started to hurt and I looked down and have never seen them so big in my life! We did get home at a decent time tho of 5:30pm. Emma started crying when we pulled in the driveway tho because it wasn't Nana's house :( I explained to her that we will see Nana very soon b/c she was coming to stay with us when the baby comes...that seems to pacify her. And of course, the first words out of her mouth when we walked in the door was "play blocks"!
Ever since we got home, I have been battling braxton hicks contractions and not feeling well. If I had been any further along in my pregnancy I don't think I would have been able to make the 1500+ mile trip!
Friday, Emma and I spent the day unpacking and catching up on laundry, while Shane had a very busy day at work.
Saturday morning, Shane headed to Ames to meet up with his brother, Tanner to attend the Nebraska vs. Iowa State game. After the game, he followed Tanner back to Humboldt and stayed the night there and got home around 1pm this afternoon. I think he had a fun time, but has lost his voice!
This weekend, I was able to get some work done on Christmas gifts I am making. I have to finish a few things and then am down to making matching quilts to match each of the diaper bags...which is one thing I was able to cross off my list before our trip to Nebraska! I have both the girl and boy diaper bags done, as well as, matching burp cloths, minky blankets, receiving blankets and nursing clips for each! I really loved how they turned out and am excited to 'find out' which one I will be getting to carry!
Well, that about wraps up the last 2 weeks. On the agenda for this week is our 36 week appointment tomorrow morning (I will post update afterwords, hopefully with news that the baby is head down!) I am hoping to make it to Bible study Tuesday morning. And then sometime this week, I would like to make a trip the QC to get my picture frames bought for the collage of frames I am doing on a wall in the dining room and some other stuff I need to finish sewing projects. One of the upcoming weekends, we need to find us a Christmas tree and decorations and keep crossing things off our list! This baby will be here before we know it! Emma and I are also trying to get lots of fun time in too!
Well, I have typed enough...so for your reward of reading all that, here are some pictures ;)
Emma playing, not sure what! She laid all of those out, then put 1 puzzle piece on each piece of cloth.
Emma playing in the shoe drawer. She has really been into lining items up lately, whether it be shoes, blocks, toys, my recyclables, etc.









No comments:
Post a Comment